This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase something, I will receive a commission with no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclosure.
We can’t choose family but we can choose our friends. They are the ones who don’t have to be there for us, but they always are because they genuinely love us. When such a friend goes far away, it’s never easy. We miss them like crazy and feel like a piece of our soul was taken from us. This post is a collection of 120 amazing heart-touching quotes about long-distance friendships. Send them to your remote friends to show you are still there for them, no matter the miles between you!
Now, in the scary world situation we live in, when cities are on lockdowns on and off, you don’t need to live on another continent to miss someone. You may live in the same city and not see your friends for months in a row! This is challenging but it shows you who is worth missing and who can’t wait to see you as soon as it gets possible.
These 120 heartwarming quotes are great to cheer up your long-distance friends, no matter if they are thousands of miles away or just self-isolating across the street. Send them your love!
Best long-distance friendship quotes
A good friend is a rare thing, and you are lucky if you have even one like that in your life. Keep your friendships alive even when they are far away by sending them heartfelt quotes and sharing your feelings. Let them know how much you miss them and that you don’t take this amazing friendship for granted! Here are the best quotes about long-distance friendship that will find a response in everyone’s soul.
- I miss you. A little too much, a little too often, and a little more every day.
- There is no distance too far between friends, for friendship gives wings to the heart.
- Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes. – Henry David Thoreau
- The people who are meant to be in your life will always gravitate back towards you, no matter how far they wander.
- Good friends are like stars. You don’t always see them, but you know they’re always there.
- Distance sometimes lets you know who is worth keeping, and who is worth letting go. – Lana Del Rey
- True friendship is when two friends can walk in opposite directions, yet remain side by side.
- When you have only two minutes to say goodbye to the person you love most in the world, and you don’t know when you’ll see each other again, you can become logjammed with the effort to say and do and settle everything at once. – Elizabeth Gilbert
- We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little of each other everywhere. – Tim McGraw
- A strong friendship doesn’t need daily conversation, doesn’t always need togetherness, as long as the relationship lives in the heart, true friends will never part.
- Don’t be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends. – Richard Bach
- To know someone here or there with whom you can feel there is understanding in spite of distances or thoughts unexpressed – that can make of this earth a garden. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- A true friend is one you can go extended periods without seeing or talking to, yet the moment that you are back in touch, it’s like no time has passed at all.
- The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart. – Elisabeth Foley
15. I’m never sad when a friend goes far away because whichever city or country that friend goes to, they turn the place friendly. They turn a suspicious-looking name on the map into a place where a welcome can be found.Helen Oyeyemi
- Distance sometimes endears friendship, and absence sweetened it. – James Howell
- Though we drifted apart in distance I still think of you as being right here. And although we have many new friends, it is our friendship that means the most to me.
- A real friendship should not fade as time passes, and should not weaken because of space separation. – John Newton
- A friendship can weather most things and thrive in thin soil; but it needs a little mulch of letters and phone calls and small, silly presents every so often – just to save it from drying out completely. – Pam Brown
- True friendship isn’t about being inseparable, it’s being separated and nothing changes.
Short quotes about long-distance friendship
If you are looking for short but meaningful quotes about a long-distance friendship, you are in the right place! Sometimes a few words are more than enough to let someone know exactly how you feel. Your friends are the ones who can understand you without words when they are here but you’ll probably need some when you are apart. If you are a person of few words, these short quotes are perfect to tell your friends you miss them.
- True friends never apart maybe in distance but never in heart. – Helen Keller
- No matter where you are, you will always be looking at the same moon as I am.
- We live so far apart because the world just isn’t ready for that much awesomeness!
- True friendship resists time, distance, and silence. – Isabel Allende
- I wish I could teleport to you.
- We only part to meet again.
- The road to a friend’s house is never too long! – Danish Proverb
- I may not always be there with you, but I will always be there for you.
- Absence makes the heart grow fonder. – Eleanor Roosevelt
- Friends are connected heart to heart. Distance and time can’t break them apart.
31. And then she knew that you could become homesick for people too.
- A single rose can be my garden… a single friend, my world. – Leo Buscaglia
- Because even a sliver of distance between us is infuriating. – Veronica Roth
- Whenever I miss you, I look at my heart. Because it’s the only place I can find you.
- Nothing on earth is more valuable than a true friendship.
- Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time. – Steven Wright
- Life just isn’t the same without you near.
- You and I are more than friends…. We’re like a really small gang.
- I know I always have a home wherever you are.
- Distance means nothing when someone means everything.
Heart touching quotes for your long distance bestie
When hearing the voice of one specific person can make you burst into tears and then right into laughter after they say something, that’s your bestie calling. Living far away from your best friend may seem heartbreaking but you will always have those memories that connect your souls. This is someone you can call out of the blue at 3 am across the globe and they’ll be happy to listen. This is the bond that can’t be broken no matter how far away from each other your life paths take you.
- We may not have each other’s company every day like before. But deep in our hearts, we two are so strongly connected that nothing can tear us apart.
- The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected. – Nicholas Sparks
- I’m jealous of the people who get to see you every day.
- If you listen to the wind very carefully, you’ll be able to hear me whisper my love for you. – Andrew Davidson
- We are like islands in the sea, separate on the surface but connected in the deep. – William James
- Being physically away from a friend does not mean the friendship is going to be affected, if two people really appreciate each other then nothing and nobody can push them apart.
- Growing apart doesn’t change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. – Ally Condie
- If distance were measured in terms of the heart we’d never be more than a minute apart.
- Friendships – and indeed most relationships – are measured in the closeness of hearts, minds and soul ties… not in the distance of physical miles or even the passing of time. – Rasheed Ogunlaru
- We may not share the same space anymore but we have shared some of the most colorful memories in our lives together. Our friendship will grow stronger every time we think of each other!
51. I have made new friends and have many new people that I know. But hey, you will always be a special part of my heart because no one has been able to replace the space you left in it.Stephen Lob
- If the days won’t allow us to see each other, memories will, and if my eyes can’t see you, my heart will never forget you.
- But nothing makes a room feel emptier than wanting someone in it. – Calla Quinn
- You will never be completely at home again, because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That’s the price you pay for the richness of loving and knowing people in more than one place.
- If you think missing me is hard, you should try missing you.
- If you’re out on the road, feeling lonely and so cold, all you have to do is call my name, and I’ll be there on the next train. – Carole King
- Your memory feels like home to me. So whenever my mind wanders, it always finds its way back to you. – Ranata Suzuki
- If there is one thing you never need to doubt, it is our friendship. I am always just a phone call away.
- If one day you feel like crying, call me. I can’t promise to make you laugh, but I’m willing to cry with you.
- I wish that you were here or that I were there, or that we were together anywhere.
Funny quotes for long distance friendship
As the saying goes, a friend is someone who knows all about you, and loves you anyway! Here are some hilarious quotes to share with your long-distance friends and laugh together even when the distance between you makes you sad. These statements are so funny because they are so relatable! Can you recognize your friendship in any of these? Share in the comments which quote is your favorite!
- I think we’ll be friends forever because we’re too lazy to find new friends.
- We’ve been friends for so long, I can’t remember which one of us is the bad influence.
- You’re my sister from another mister.
- Want to learn how someone really handles frustration? Put them in a long-distance relationship and give them a slow internet connection. – Lisa McKay
- We’ll be friends forever because you already know too much.
- There is nothing better than a friend unless it is a friend with chocolate. – Linda Grayson
- It’s nice to have someone in your life, who can make you smile even when they are not around.
- Whoever coined the term ‘absence makes the heart grow fonder’ was an idiot. Absence makes a bitch grow crazy. – Toni Aleo
- A true friend stabs you in the front. – Oscar Wilde
- When something is missing in your life, it usually turns out to be someone. – Robert Brault
- Definition of a long-distance relationship: Inconveniently the most effective way to find out if you really love each other.
72. If you are lucky enough to find a weirdo never let them go.
- A good friend can tell you what is the matter with you in a minute. He may not seem such a good friend after telling. – Arthur Brisbane
- Sometimes, being silly with a friend is the best therapy.
- My memory loves you; it asks about you all the time.
- If you have friends who are as weird as you, then you have everything.
- You’re my Nemo. If you get lost in the great big ocean, I will find you.
- Nothing compares to the stomach ache you get from laughing with friends.
- I love my crazy, goofy, stupid, gorgeous, weird, lame, socially challenged friends.
- It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Across the miles friendship quotes
If your friendship can’t survive long-distance, it’s probably not worth cherishing. People who truly love you will not stop loving you even if they decide to move to Mars! However far you may be, you still have the same sky above you, the same sun (or rain, depending on where you live) touching your faces every day, and the same stars winking at you at night.
Thankfully, we live in the 21st century and it’s never been easier to connect with someone in another part of the world in a matter of seconds. Find a way to keep in touch, and send them a quote about your indestructible friendship across the miles!
- A thousand miles seems pretty far, but they’ve got planes and trains and cars. I’d walk to you if I had no other way.
- So what if the distance is too long? What matters is that we have the courage of love to cover any distance which dares to separate us.
- Sweet is the memory of distant friends! Like the mellow rays of the departing sun, it falls tenderly, yet sadly, on the heart. – Washington Irving
- I’ve learned that true friendship continues to grow, even over the longest distance.
- I don’t cry because we’ve been separated by distance, and for a matter of years. Why? Because for as long as we share the same sky and breathe the same air, we’re still together. – Donna Lynn Hope
- I have a simple computation on how long our friendship will last. I count the stars in heaven, plus the sands in the shore, multiplied by the heartbeat, equals for forevermore.
- Distance shouldn’t matter because, at the end of the day, we’re under the same sky.
- We should remember and care about our friends not only while we’re together, but when they’re far away. Long-distance friendship is the strongest one.
- When twilight drops her curtain down and pins it with a star, remember that you have a friend though she may wander far. – L.M. Montgomery
- There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound. – Diana Cortes
- Odd how much it hurts when a friend moves away – and leaves behind only silence. – Pam Brown
- A friend who is far away is sometimes much nearer than one who is at hand. Is not the mountain far more awe-inspiring and more clearly visible to one passing through the valley than to those who inhabit the mountain? – Kahlil Gibran
- There’s something about sitting alone in the dark that reminds you how big the world really is, and how far apart we all are. – Kami Garcia
94. Sometimes you have to be apart from the people you love, but that doesn’t make you love them any less. Sometimes you love them more.Nicholas Sparks
- Friendship means understanding, not agreement. It means forgiveness, not forgetting. It means the memories last, even if contact is lost. – Akshat Thapa
- If our friendship depends on things like space and time, we have destroyed our own brotherhood. – Richard Bach
- Mizpah: the deep emotional bond between people, especially those separated by distance or death.
- Distance does not break off the friendship absolutely, but only the activity of it. – Aristotle
- Sometimes, when one person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated. – Lamartine
- Long-distance relationships are like wind to a fire; it puts out the small ones but inflames the big ones.
Long-distance best friend birthday quotes
Even when we can’t be around, we still remember the most important days. Your best friends will never send you a simple “Happy birthday!”, they usually come out of their way to put their hearts in your birthday wishes and make this day special for you.
Even if you celebrate on Zoom, they’ll be amazing and will make you wanna hug the screen. When it’s time to return the favor, here are some good and heartfelt long-distance birthday quotes and things you can say to your best friend!
- There are friendships imprinted in our hearts that will never be diminished by time and distance. – Dodinsky
- May my distant wishes locate you in every trough, valley, or mountain that you find yourself. I miss you so much and can’t wait to talk to you soon.
- You can be a million miles apart from me, but since you have a special place in my heart, no distance can impact my friendship with you!
- It does not matter how many friends you have, but there is that one true friend who will always be there for you.
- We may be miles apart, but I think about you with every beat of my heart. Wishing you a wonderful birthday full of surprises.
- Feeling your awesomeness from here. Hope you’re feeling my happy wishes there!
- I want to tell you that no one could replace you because you are still my favorite friend, and I hope to see you soon. Remember that I am always thinking of you.
- Friendship is the greatest gift that life has to offer, and I am lucky enough to have received it.
- People may move from one place to another, but memories stay in the same place forever, that is in our hearts. It’s those memories that keep us connected forever!
- Many best friends seem to regret getting into long-distance relationships. Ours has withstood the test of time; it brings both of us so much joy and hope. You are wonderful.
- A true friendship is not affected by how far the two people are. I miss you friend and I will always remember the special times we spent together and look forward to the special times we’ll have in the future.
- I may not be there physically but I am there in spirit, with all I’ve got! Take some time off to spoil yourself today for being an awesome friend who brightens my world.
113. Distance never separates two hearts that really care, for our memories span the miles and in seconds we are there. But whenever I start feeling sad, because I miss you, I remind myself how lucky I am to have someone so special to miss.
- Miles upon miles lie between you and me today, but we both know that the distance is not going to stop the show from going on! Wishing you a great birthday!
- Sending from afar, the loveliest of birthday wishes to the loveliest person today!
- With a long distant friend, I enjoy changing this obstacle into an opportunity by creating annual ‘frienditions’ to see and do something new and different together. – Judy Dippel
- Don’t measure the distance by the length of meter or miles but in terms of our hearts. It is far away but not by heart. You and I always be best friends.
- We may not live in the same country or even on the same continent, but you are always with me in my heart and in my mind.
- Your side of the world must be booming with bright lights, cool breezes, and loads of booze because it’s someone’s birthday! Enjoy it to the fullest.
- My heart has no idea how far you’re away today because I’m always carrying you in it.
Conclusion on quotes for long distance friendships
These were 120 warm quotes for your far away friends! Hope you found what you were looking for! Please share in the comments which is your favorite and if you know more quotes like that about long-distance relationships with your favorite people!
Cherish your real friendships as they aren’t easy to build!
MORE POSTS YOU MAY ENJOY: