This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase something, I will receive a commission with no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclosure.
Discovering new destinations while traveling the world is an amazing activity by itself, but you know what can make it even better?
A friend is an essential “thing” you need for your trips, way more important than everything else on your checklist! Someone who will always have your back, who you feel safer with, and who you can talk to on a long-haul flight. Another pair of eyes to check everything and someone who can make you laugh even in stressful travel situations.
But you probably already know this and just want to find a couple of cool travel quotes with friends, right? I won’t keep you any longer!
Ready to get inspired for your next adventure together? Let’s go!
Short travel quotes with friends to light a fire under your butts
Planning a trip soon? I hope you have your friend on your packing list!
There are so many reasons how traveling with friends can be beneficial! It’s always comforting to know that you have a friendly face in a foreign environment and a familiar shoulder to rely on.
You can attend cultural cooking classes together, live with locals abroad, jump from a cliff, or just wander around new cities with your backpacks. Whatever you decide to do on your trip, in most cases it’ll be better with a friend.
- Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter. – Izaak Walton
- It was us against the world. – Burnell Glanzer
- Together is our favorite place to be.
- Wherever it is you may be, it is your friends who make your world. – Chris Bradford
- There are no mistakes. Only new paths to explore. – Gregory David Roberts
- Sharing adventures means enjoying them 100% more.
- Friends that travel together, stay together.
8. If you want to go fast go alone. If you want to go far, go together.African proverb
- Good friends follow you anywhere. – Winnie the Pooh
- Travel is better with friends.
- A journey well shared is a journey well enjoyed.
Road trip quotes with friends to inspire you to hit the road
Can’t find enough fun activities to spend time with your friends? How about a road trip!
Pack a few essentials, grab some wonderful people, jump in a car and just go wherever the road takes you! It can be as simple as a day trip to explore a nearest city, or as profound as a year-long roadtrip if you dare! You’ll have fun in any case ’cause you’ll be with your best buddies!
Here are some meaningful quotes to inspire you for the next road trip with friends!
- What it takes to realize everything is fine around you? A road trip to the mountains where your soul dwells in the echoes of the winds that carry fragments of clouds with them. What it takes to realize world is going back to chaos and infinite hurry? End of the aforementioned road trip… – Crestless Wave
- A journey is a person in itself; no two are alike. And all plans, safeguards, policing, and coercion are fruitless. We find that after years of struggle that we do not take a trip; a trip takes us. – John Steinbeck
- No road is long with good company. – Turkish proverb
- We all have that one friend who is either on a road-trip or planning a road-trip or thinking about a road-trip or talking to people who are on road-trip or posting quotes about road-trip. – Crestless Wave
- Now, on this road trip, my mind seemed to uncrinkle, to breathe, to present to itself a cure for a disease it had not, until now, known it had. – Elizabeth Berg
17. Sometimes all you need is a great friend and a tank of gas.Thelma and Louise
- Look at life through the windshield, not the rearview mirror. – Byrd Baggett
- Road trips required a couple of things: a well-balanced diet of caffeine, salt and sugar and an excellent selection of tunes—oh, and directions. – Jenn McKinlay
- That’s why I love road trips, dude. It’s like doing something without actually doing anything. – John Green
- All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road.” – Jack Kerouac
Best friend travel quotes for a getaway with your BFF
Your BFF is always by your side.
When you explore the beaches with a coconut cocktail in your hand, this is who unwinds on a sunbed beside you. Should you decide to climb a mountain, this is who will be there to make it fun and take your photos at the top. If you find yourself sitting in awe while watching a hundred baby elephants running around, your best friend is most likely sitting close feeling the same way.
A best friend is a rare thing! If you got lucky in life to have a bestie, why wouldn’t you want to always bring one along to create the best travel memories ever?
- It feels good to be lost in the right direction with you.
- A good friend listens to your adventures. Your best friend makes them with you.
- It doesn’t matter where you’re going, it’s who you have beside you.
- As soon as I saw you, I knew a grand adventure was about to happen. – Winnie The Pooh
26. There is a whole world out there. Pack your backpack, your best friend and go.
- When traveling life’s journey, it’s good to have a friend’s hand to hold on to.
- The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars, and in the middle, you see the blue center-light pop, and everybody goes ahh… – Jack Kerouac
- Having a best friend is like having your own little corner of the world to escape to.
Quotes about meeting new friends when you travel
Unless you travel around your own house, you’ll inevitably meet new people. The more connections you make along the road, the better chance you have to find some great like-minded friends who will stick with you for life. And making friends all around the world is an easy and pleasant way to make the world more welcoming, as you’ll have some lovely people who are happy to see you in every corner of the planet!
Even if you have enough friends, meeting locals is undoubtedly the best approach for exploring a new place. They’ll help you get the real taste of a new destination: from showing you places only locals are aware of to sharing authentic cultural insights without a crowd of tourists around you. So much better than any guided tour!
Here are some good quotes about meeting new friends on the road:
- A friend may be waiting behind a stranger’s face. – Maya Angelou
- Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born. – Anais Nin
- We are all travelers in the wilderness of the world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend. – Robert Louis Stevenson
- A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles. – Tim Cahill
- The fastest way to make a friend for life is to travel with a stranger.
- The more I travelled, the more I realized fear makes strangers of people who should be friends. – Shirley MacLaine
- Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends. – Maya Angelou
- Each new friendship can make you a new person, because it opens up new doors inside of you. – Kate DiCamillo
38. One of the great things about travel is that you find out how many good, kind people there are.Edith Wharton
- Getting to know new people and gaining new friends is one of life’s greatest pleasures. So conquer your fears and get out there. – Tony Clark
- There’s not a word yet for old friends who’ve just met. – Jim Henson
What can be better than hitting the road with a bunch of your favorite people? You share new experiences together, face challenges that inevitably happen along the way, support each other, and create the best memories of your lives together!
When you turn around years later, these fun trips and adventures will be the most memorable. They help you create an unbreakable bond with friends who discover the world with you. These heartwarming quotes about your travel buddies are the best to share with everyone after an epic adventure!
- In life, it’s not where you go – it’s who you travel with. – Charles M. Schulz
- Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling. – Margaret Lee Runbeck
- There is something about the momentum of travel that makes you want to just keep moving, to never stop. – Bill Bryson
- Map out your future – but do it in pencil. The road ahead is as long as you make it. Make it worth the trip. – Jon Bon Jovi
- I would like to travel the world with you twice. Once, to see the world. Twice, to see the way you see the world.
46. There is an unspoken bond you create with the friends you travel with.
- If you make the mistake of looking back too much, you aren’t focused enough on the road in front of you. – Brad Paisley
- The best things in life are the people we love, the places we’ve been, and the memories we’ve made along the way.
- Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life. – Jack Kerouac
Sometimes you just don’t have the right words to tell your friends how you feel after a great trip. For cases like that, I got you covered with these heartwarming travel quotes you can use in your Instagram captions or wherever.
You probably never forget your journey anyway, but if you do, your friends will help you remember!
- You can pack for every occasion, but a good friend will always be the best thing you could bring!
- I guess the lesson is you can’t go everywhere. You should still go everywhere you can. – Charles Finch
- As with any journey, whom you travel with is more important than the destination.
- Friends don’t let friends do silly things alone.
- The world is too big to stay in one place, and life is too short to do just one thing.
55. Friends, sun, sand, and sea – that sounds like a summer to me.
- People are always in good company when they are doing what they really enjoy. – Samuel Butler
- Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down. – Oprah Winfrey
Adventure trip with friends quotes for maximum wanderlust
Are you an adventurous person?
You might not know this about yourself until you travel with friends and they bring it to the surface!
Traveling alone can be eye-opening and you surely learn a lot about yourself, but it’s your travel buddies who usually bring the sides of you that you never knew existed.
Take your friends with you and make your next adventure the most memorable in your life!
- Good times and crazy friends make the best memories.
- At the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair messy and your eyes sparkling. – Shanti
- I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them. – Mark Twain
- Sometimes all you need is a great friend and thirst for adventure.
- Everyone needs this friend that calls and says, “Get dressed, we’re going on an adventure.”
63. A daring adventure with your best friends might be just what the doctor ordered.
- I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I may have ended up where I intended to be. – Douglas Adams
- Life was meant for good friends and great adventures.
- May your adventures bring you closer together, even as they take you far away from home. – Trenton Lee Stewart
Funny travel quotes with friends – because traveling with friends is always fun
Everyone who traveled with friends at least once has some cool or funny stories from that trip.
When you are traveling with the right people, you usually remember the stories and the time spent together much better than the destination itself.
Old memories is that juice that keeps you friends for years to come. Even if you can’t tell all of those stories to your kids!
- If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it’s lethal. – Paulo Coelho
- Life is about doing things that don’t suck with people who don’t suck.
- You and me, we are more than friends. We are like a small travel gang!
- When you’re in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, ‘Damn, that was fun’. – Groucho Marx
- Life by the water is always better, especially with a few good friends in tow.
72. Because in the end, you won’t remember the times you spent in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.Jack Kerouac
- It’s bad manners to let vacation wait!
- You simply cannot do epic things with boring people.
- Friendship is finding that special someone you can enjoy being a dumbass with.
Memorable trip with friends quotes for nostalgic evenings years later
When you are all old and gray, you’ll look back at your lives and either get disappointed about all the things you’ve never experienced or get amazed by all the dreams you made come true. Traveling with friends takes you much closer to the latter!
There isn’t a trip with friends without a fun adventure as life doesn’t always happen according to the plan. Here are a few quotes to share with your traveling friends when reminiscing on previous trips together:
- The tans will fade but the memories will last forever.
- Never go on trips with anyone you do not love. – Ernest Hemingway
- Part of us believes the new car is better because it lasts longer. But, in fact, that’s the worst thing about the new car. It will stay around to disappoint you, whereas a trip to Europe is over. It evaporates. It has the good sense to go away, and you are left with nothing but a wonderful memory. – Daniel Gilbert
- The road goes on forever and the party never ends. – Robert Earl Keen
- Every journey is simultaneously a beginning and an ending: I was leaving my old life behind and starting on a road trip to find a new me. – Debi Tolbert Duggar
- Just grab a friend and take a ride, together upon the open road. – The Goofy Movie
- Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go. – T.S. Eliot
83. Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey.Pat Conroy
- Wanderlust isn’t about running away from it all. It’s about experiencing the outside to discover the inside.
But remember that it’s never too late to hop on another trip with friends no matter how old you are!
These were 84 of my favorite travel quotes with friends!
I hope I got you inspired to plan your next amazing trip with friends!
Whether it’s a weekend getaway or a long adventurous vacation, don’t forget to bring your friend (and your passport) with you! And share these travel quotes with friends to inspire them too!
What was your most memorable trip with your buddies? Or maybe you have a story about meeting new friends for life in one of your journeys? Please share in the comments, I’d love to hear about it!
Also, what are your favorite travel quotes with friends? Are they on my list? Let me know!
Let’s sum up those wonderful quotes about traveling friendship!
What is the best inspirational quote for traveling with friends?
May your adventures bring you closer together, even as they take you far away from home.Trenton Lee Stewart
What is the most heartwarming quote about best friends?
Having a best friend is like having your own little corner of the world to escape to.
Where can I find more quotes for daily inspiration?
There are so many great tools out there! Check out this inspirational flip calendar, these beautiful art desk cards, and this book full of encouraging words for every day of the year! Also, feel free to bookmark our Inspirational Quotes page which has lots of great sayings for different topics and more is coming!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: