This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase something, I will receive a commission with no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclosure.
Are you guilty of spreading negativity and want to become a more positive person? Or maybe you have someone negative in your life who needs a little push to see the good? In any case, here are 66 beautiful positive quotes for negative thinkers to give some food for thought and inspire!
There is always a balance in nature: every atom that forms us consists of the exact same amount of protons (the positive force) and electrons (the negative force). Every negative situation has a positive side or outcome, even if it’s not always obvious.
Think about it! We wouldn’t appreciate good without bad, and the taste of success won’t be so satisfying without the possibility of failure!
Our life is not black and white, it’s a multicolor zebra! Nothing is 100% positive or negative and there is the opposite for everything. You will always find negativity in a happy situation if you look for it, as well as you’ll always see the positive side in seemingly bad circumstances if you make the effort.
This list of positive quotes is specifically curated for negative thinkers to give some perspective and inspire you to look for the good!
What is the difference between negative and positive thinking?
The difference between positive and negative thinking is the side of things you choose to focus on. When a negative thinker gets depressed after a failure, reliving the pain and shame over and over, a positive thinker learns the lesson and looks for ways to improve.
When seeing someone’s success, a positive person will show support, admire, and get inspired from it. A negative person, on the other hand, will look for flaws and weaknesses and focus on those. It works exactly the same with your own journey: to be more positive, you need to learn to accept the negative but focus on the good.
Quotes on the power of negative thinking
- If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought. – Peace Pilgrim
- Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it. – Groucho Marx
- You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind. – Joyce Meyer
- Hate. It has caused a lot of problems in this world but has not solved one yet. – Maya Angelou
- Every day we have plenty of opportunities to get angry, stressed or offended. But what you’re doing when you indulge these negative emotions is giving something outside yourself power over your happiness. You can choose to not let little things upset you. – Joel Osteen
- For many, negative thinking is a habit which, over time, becomes an addiction… — Peter McWilliams
7. If your thoughts are negative, you’ll probably attract negative events into your life. You will see the bad, not the good. The reverse is also true in that thoughts of creating a positive life find their origin in a positive mind.Byron Pulsifer
- Before you can inspire your players to win, you have to show them how not to lose. – Bob Knight
- The only place where your dream becomes impossible is in your own thinking. – Robert H Schuller
- You have your five senses to create and express yourself for a happy life. Why let mere thoughts alone overpower all of them? – Alden Tan
- A negative mind will never give you a positive life. ― Ziad K. Abdelnour
Negative thinking person quotes
- The worst person to be around is someone who complains about everything and appreciates nothing.
- You can never win an argument with a negative person. They only hear what suits them and listen only to respond. – Michael P. Watson
- We don’t appreciate negative vibes around here. Move along
- If you believe that the world is conspiring against you, it will just do that. ― Bangambiki Habyarimana
- Negative thinking will always lead to failure and nervous prostration; but positive faith, positive thinking, will lead you towards happy, healthy, and abundant living. — Albert E Cliffe
17. Don’t let negative and toxic people rent space in your head. Raise the rent and kick them out.Robert Tew
- Start thinking positively. You will notice a difference. Instead of “I think I’m a loser,” try “I definitely am a loser.” Stop being wishy-washy about things! How much more of a loser can you be if you don’t even know you are one? Either you are a loser or you are not. Which is it, stupid? ― Ellen DeGeneres
- Whatever you do, good or bad, people will always have something negative to say. – W.H. Auden
- Being miserable is a habit; being happy is a habit, and the choice is yours. – Tom Hopkins
- Don’t let people pull you into their storm. Pull them into your peace. – Kimberly Jones
- The less you respond to negative people the more peaceful your life will become.
One simple hack to get rid of a negative thought
This video from an educated therapist will teach you a simple technique to let go of the negative thoughts! It’s not a one-time magical cure but it’s a helpful trick to turn your thoughts around when you catch yourself being too negative. Definitely try it next time you get overwhelmed with unwanted thinking directions!
Positive vs negative thinking quotes
- Positive anything is better than negative nothing. – Elbert Hubbard
- Some people grumble that roses have thorns; I am grateful that thorns have roses. – Alphonse Karr
- Positive thinkers think and talk continually about solutions, and negative thinkers continually talk and think about problems. Keep your mind solution-focused rather than problem-focused. – Brian Tracy
- There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative. – W. Clement Stone
- A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. – Winston Churchill
- Always be positive, look at the positive side of any circumstance you face. You only have two options. If you don’t fill your mind with positive thoughts, it will be filled with negative thoughts instead. – Abder-Rahman Ali
- Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will. – Zig Ziglar
- Here is a universal law: that when it comes to negative and positive, you will always thrive more powerfully in the positive if you have first been immersed in, and have heroically overcome, the polar opposite negative of that thing. To abide in the positive existence of something, without having known and overcome it’s polar opposite— that is to be only a frame of the real structure. Easily toppled down and taken apart. True power is in the hands of the one who thrives in the positive, after having known and conquered the negative. Because when the demons come along, she will say to those demons: “I know you, I have owned you, but now you bow down to me.” ― C. JoyBell C.
31. Seeing the mud around a lotus is pessimism, seeing a lotus in the mud is optimism.Amit Kalantri
- Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results. – Willie Nelson
- Positive thinking and negative thinking cannot operate at the same level in your mind, one needs to be the master and the one you feed it more will rule over the other. ― Oscar Bimpong
Inspirational quotes about negativity
- The key to happiness – or that even more desired thing, calmness – lies not in always thinking happy thoughts. No. That is impossible. No mind on earth with any kind of intelligence could spend a lifetime enjoying only happy thoughts. They key is in accepting your thoughts, all of them, even the bad ones. Accept thoughts, but don’t become them. Understand, for instance, that having a sad thought, even having a continual succession of sad thoughts, is not the same as being a sad person. ― Matt Haig
35. Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, either way you are right.Henry Ford
- Never cut a tree down in the wintertime. Never make a negative decision in the low time. Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come. – Robert H. Schuller
- Walk away from anything that gives you bad vibes.
- Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create. – Roy T. Bennet.
- Just as negative beliefs at some point entered your subconscious mind, and began to subtly shape your lives, new, positive beliefs can also be “planted” there: beliefs that will gradually begin to improve your behavior, your thinking, the way you feel, and thus, your life. – David Bolton
- That’s my gift. I let that negativity roll off me like water off a duck’s back. If it’s not positive, I didn’t hear it. If you can overcome that, fights are easy. – George Foreman
- Your mind can destroy your life! Mind your mind; think well! Detoxify your thought and be free! ― Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
- You’ll never find a rainbow if you’re looking down. – Charlie Chaplin
- Your mind is a ship; it can sail across the universe as long as you don’t allow negative thoughts to sink it. ― Matshona Dhliwayo
- All we are is the result of all we have thought. – Buddha
Negative quotes about life
- It only takes one negative comment to kill a dream.
- Everything negative – pressure, challenges – is all an opportunity for me to rise. – Kobe Bryant
- Our spirit requires freedom in every area of our lives. The barriers that stop our soul from free expression are doubt, guilt, resentment, and thoughts of lack or limitation. ― Hina Hashmi
- Always think extra hard before crossing over to a bad side, if you were weak enough to cross over, you may not be strong enough to cross back!” ― Victoria Addino
- A bad day is just a day where you have been thinking more negative thoughts than positive ones.
- Most of us are unaware of the words we use on a regular basis. We weren’t taught that the words we regularly use to describe our experiences and conditions in life impact and influence our emotional states. ― Maddy Malhotra
51. Worry is negative goal setting.Brian Tracy
- Negative thoughts are the nails that build a prison of failure. – Jon Gordon
- If you think about disaster, you will get it. Brood about death and you hasten your demise. Think positively and masterfully, with confidence and faith, and life becomes more secure, more fraught with action, richer in achievement and experience. – Swami Vivekananda
- Every day may not be good, but there’s something good in every day.
- There is too much negativity in the world. Do your best to make sure you aren’t contributing to it. ― Germany Kent
Positive thoughts for negative thinkers
- When you wake up every day, you have two choices. You can either be positive or negative; an optimist or a pessimist. I choose to be an optimist. It’s all a matter of perspective. – Harvey Mackay
- Only allow yourself to think negative thoughts and/or complain about anything for three minutes, three times a day. – Karen Salmansohn
- I’ve had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened. – Mark Twain
- We must concentrate not merely on the negative expulsion of war but the postive affirmation of peace. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings and emotions. – Will Smith
- It is not always possible to do away with negative thinking, but with persistence and practice, one can gain mastery over them so that they do not take the upper hand. ― Stephen Richards
- The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any. – Alice Walker
63. If you think the world is full of darkness, let us see your light. If you think the world is full of wickedness, let us see your goodness. If you think people are acting wrongly, let us see your right action. If you think people don’t know, let us see what you know. If you think the world is full of uncaring people let us see how you care about people. If you think life is not being fair to you, let us see how you can be fair to life. If you think people are proud, let us see your humility. We can easily find fault and we can easily see what is wrong but a positive attitude backed by a right action in a true direction is all we need to survive in peace and harmony in the arena of life.Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
- People deal too much with the negative, with what is wrong. Why not try and see positive things, to just touch those things and make them bloom? – Thich Nhat Hanh
- If you are positive, you’ll see opportunities instead of obstacles. ― Widad Akrawi
- I will no longer allow the negative things in my life to spoil all of the good things I have. I choose to be happy!
Final thoughts on using positive quotes for negative thinkers
This was my list of 66 positive inspirational quotes to help negative thinkers rethink the way they see the world. Of course, this kind of change doesn’t happen overnight. Choose one quote from this collection and make it your motto for the day. Pay attention to the little good things that happen today and write down at least three of them before you go to bed. Come back here for another inspiring quote tomorrow and repeat the process! Over time, you’ll learn to notice more of the good and your brain will get more focused on positive thoughts.
Nobody wants to be around negative people! Don’t be that person who is always bitter or whining and don’t surround yourself with such people. By keeping a positive attitude and looking for the good in every situation, you’ll have a more positive life with as little negative thinking as possible!
MORE POSITIVE STUFF FOR YOU!