This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase something, I will receive a commission with no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclosure.
We all have a lot on our minds. Sometimes we are so overwhelmed by our thoughts and emotions that we can’t function effectively and enjoy life. On this page, you’ll find 70 calming quotes for a peaceful mind that will help you relax and release all the negative feelings you are snowed under.
What is peace of mind?
Peace of mind can be defined as internal tranquility when all your thoughts are in harmony and there are no disruptive negative emotions. You feel calm and peaceful because you choose kindness and compassion and external events don’t have the power to affect your serene state of mind.
Why you can’t find peace of mind
Why can’t I find peace of mind? A common question that is asked by frustrated people who are being eaten by all kinds of negative emotions.
Anger, fear, hatred, sadness, jealousy, guilt, resentment… All these feelings make you feel miserable and constantly anxious, which stops you from experiencing tranquility.
You can’t find peace of mind because you are too focused on negativity. You don’t need to suppress your emotions, but whenever you feel overwhelmed, make an effort to shift your focus to the positive things that surround you. Learn to find joy in the present moment, and feel grateful for everything you have.
Here is a great video I found on Youtube that perfectly explains why we struggle emotionally and how to find peace of mind:
Practice mindfulness to feel more calm and peace
Losing peace of mind may mean that you give too much attention to things that don’t deserve it.
Whether you are absorbed by guilt or pain from your past, permanently worried about your future, frustrated about things that are out of your control, or care too much about what other people think, you are missing the precious moment of now.
Mindfulness practice helps you appreciate the present moment and find joy in your life no matter what. Here are some resources I have to help you find peace of mind more easily and make it your natural state of being.
- 80 Positive Affirmations for Letting Go Of The Past And Negativity
- 100 Positive Affirmations For Overcoming Fear And Staying Strong
- 22 Positive Affirmations For Perfectionism To Stop Overthinking
- 7 Positive Affirmations For Self-Care And Self-Acceptance
- 7 Day Gratitude Challenge: Are You Ready To Improve Your Life?
And these are some easy ways to practice mindfulness in your daily life:
- 20 Mindful Monday Questions For Weekly Reflection Sessions
- 10 Mindfulness Activities For Adults To Be More Present
- 10 Mindful Monday Ideas To Improve Your Life
Most beautiful quotes for a peaceful mind
1. Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. To talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person you meet. To make all your friends feel that there is something in them. – Christian D. Larson
2. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present. – Lao Tzu
3. You should feel beautiful and you should feel safe. What you surround yourself with should bring you peace of mind and peace of spirit. – Stacy London
4. When we free ourselves from the chaos enclosed in the surrounding rigid social structure, we can find peace of mind and still our hunger for knowledge and understanding. If we follow the rhythm of our heartbeat, we can quench our thirst for meaning in life and encounter an array of soothing vibrations of wellbeing. – Erik Pevernagie
5. Happiness, true happiness, is an inner quality. It is a state of mind. If your mind is at peace, you are happy. If your mind is at peace, but you have nothing else, you can be happy. If you have everything the world can give – pleasure, possessions, power – but lack peace of mind, you can never be happy. – Dada Vaswani
6. We spend almost all our time listening to the things people are saying that we rarely pay attention to our conversation with ourselves. It’s not always what we hear but it’s our inner conversation with ourselves that shapes our life. – Bhuwan Thapaliya
7. Gratitude is one of the sweet shortcuts to finding peace of mind and happiness inside. No matter what is going on outside of us, there’s always something we could be grateful for. – Barry Neil Kaufman.
8. If you knew your potential to feel good, you would ask no one to be different so that you can feel good. You would free yourself of all of that cumbersome impossibility of needing to control the world, or control your mate, or control your child. You are the only one who creates your reality. For no one else can think for you, no one else can do it. It is only you, every bit of it you.Esther Hicks
9. Whatever we are waiting for – peace of mind, contentment, grace, the inner awareness of simple abundance – it will surely come to us, but only when we are ready to receive it with an open and grateful heart. – Sarah Ban Breathnach
10. People who say they want peace, should know how to be peaceful. You’ll hear these people talk about wanting peace as if other people, and the world, owe it to them. No, because peace is a gift you give to yourself, to other people, and to the world. The only way you’ll ever have peace, is by gifting it. – C. JoyBell C.
Inner peace quotes and sayings
11. How long you can sit quietly and alone with your thoughts in peace is a direct indication of how happy and at peace you really are. – Todd Perelmuter
12. Open-minded people just accept all of life’s perspectives and realities by doing their own thing in peace without judging anyone. Can’t say the same for the ones who force their beliefs on others. – Donald Pillai
13. If you want to have order in the commonwealth, you first have to have order in the individual soul. – Russell Kirk
14. Learning to distance yourself from all the negativity is one of the greatest lessons to achieve inner peace. – Roy T. Bennett
15. Silence has all the powerful answers you are looking for. Give it a chance to flow through you. – Hiral Nagda
16. Having inner peace means committing to letting go of self-criticism and self-doubt. – Sanaya Roman
17. When we apply the energy of acceptance to risk-taking, we are able to take risks with much more confidence and steadiness. Acceptance is when we bring trust to a situation. We all take risks, but if we want to master risk-taking we must learn to do so without attaching anxious energy to our decisions. Anxiety disconnects us from our power. Acceptance allows us to relax into our power and move through any circumstance with clarity and confidence. – Cleo Wade
18. If someone is watching you, you can escape from him, but if no one is watching, you cannot escape from yourself. – Shunryu Suzuki
19. Once you touch that place of inner peace within you, magic begins on the outside. – Hiral Nagda
Morning quotes to feel more peaceful
20. Peace is not always easy to grasp or keep close. In the process of attaining and protecting it, you may find yourself tired, weary, and uncertain on how to keep your peace safe. While being uncertain is normal, continue to commit yourself to peacefulness. You are worthy of every drop of sweetness and ease that you encounter. Being tested is a part of the journey. Giving up, and letting go, is not. – Alex Elle
21. You get peace of mind not by thinking about it or imagining it, but by quietening and relaxing the restless mind. Your nature is absolute peace. You are not the mind. Silence your mind through concentration and meditation, and you will discover the peace of the spirit you are and have always been. – Remez Sasson
22. It takes a lot of courage to get through the tough times. Never give up. Good things are coming your way. – Robert Tew
23. For each new morning let there be flow of love. Let there be light of happiness in every direction. – Amit Ray
24. Don’t be in a hurry to turn the page. Live and experience the current phase of your life with ease and calm. The page will anyway turn by itself. – Hiral Nagda
25. Today’s goals: Coffee and kindness. Maybe two coffees, and then kindness.Nanea Hoffman
26. There is always going to be a reason to get irritated by people’s behavior but if you find a reason not to, then you are one step closer to tranquility. – Ojingiri Hannah
27. Love and peace of mind do protect us. They allow us to overcome the problems that life hands us. They teach us to survive, to live now, to have the courage to confront each day. – Bernie Siegel
Inspirational quotes about peace and calm
28. Peace is the number one beautiful ornament you can wear, I really believe that. They say you should always wear a smile, but I don’t believe that you should “always” wear a smile, seriously, you’re going to look stupid! But peace, you should always carry peace within you, it’s the most beautifying thing you could ever have or do. Peace makes your heart beautiful and it makes you look beautiful, too. You want to have perfect physical posture when you stand, sit, and walk, and peace is the perfect posture of the soul, really. Try perfect posture outside as well as inside. Peace creates grace and grace gives peace. – C. JoyBell C.
29. A balanced inner calmness radiates from a peaceful centre. It neither craves others’ approval nor rejects others’ presence. It neither pulls towards nor pushes away. It has a reverent attitude towards life and all its inhabitants. – Donna Goddard
30. The sublime state of peace of mind, despite our woundedness, emits a sense of comfort and gentleness to others, an inner charm that calms an anxious soul amid our benevolent presence, like a wild deer that drinks water from the serenity of the forest, and then leaves as quietly as it arrives fully quenched from its thirst. – Danny Castillones Sillada
31. Stay away from conflictive, negative people that pull you down, because they contaminate your energy and impede your progress. Search for people who look at the world with optimism, that inspire you, make you happy and provide peace of mind. – Pablo
32. Our life depends on the kind of thoughts we nurture. If our thoughts are peaceful, calm, meek, and kind, then that is what our life is like. If our attention is turned to the circumstances in which we live, we are drawn into a whirlpool of thoughts and can have neither peace nor tranquility. – Elder Thaddeus of Vitovnica
33. To find peace, you have to be willing to lose your connection with people, places and things that create all the noise.
34. Sometimes amid all the chaos you have to calm yourself, go within, ask what’s important, breathe. – Brendon Burchard
35. Acceptance is usually one of the most trying learning experiences. Some things may appear impossible to overlook or get past but therein lies the absolute peace of mind. The world won’t adjust by our pretty wishes or skillful hands. Gotta give up control sometimes. – Chinonye J. Chidolue
36. Quiet is peace. Tranquility. Quiet is turning down the volume knob on life. Silence is pushing the off button. Shutting it down. All of it. – Khaled Hosseini
Short quotes for the peace of mind
37. If you have no inner peace of mind, it is futile to seek peace outside. – Debasish Mridha
38. Nothing can disturb your peace of mind unless you allow it to. – Roy T. Bennett
39. Unbecome everything that’s not helping you become your best self. – Felicia Miracle Hankins
40. Peace is letting it be. Letting life flow, letting emotions flow through you. – Kamal Ravikant
41. Happiness is a choice. Peace is a state of mind. Both are free! – Amy Leigh Mercree
42. I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet. – Mahatma Gandhi
43. Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all. – Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
44. Drink life one sip at a time. This moment is brand new. Let it pour its newness into you. – Hiral Nagda
45. Only about two percent of one percent of our thoughts deserve to be taken seriously. – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
Motivational quotes for peace, happiness and love
46. Happiness is exercising the little freedom that we have by choosing things that create harmony in our lives. – Kamand Kojouri
47. A peaceful mind is the source of all joy and all happiness. – Debasish Mridha
48. Don’t rush. Accomplish at your pace. Speed doesn’t matter when you decide to relentlessly keep advancing towards your dream which ignites your being. – Hiral Nagda
49. If you are driven by fear, anger or pride nature will force you to compete. If you are guided by courage, awareness, tranquility and peace nature will serve you. – Amit Ray
50. People tend to be generous when sharing their nonsense, fear, and ignorance. And while they seem quite eager to feed you their negativity, please remember that sometimes the diet we need to be on is a spiritual and emotional one. Be cautious with what you feed your mind and soul. Fuel yourself with positivity and let that fuel propel you into positive action. – Steve Maraboli
51. The best thing you can ever have is peace of mind, it is a basking fire to keep a cold heart in warmth, and a fortified confidence to be proud of.Michael Bassey Johnson
52. Take charge of your inner world by destroying the limitations caused by the outer distractions. – Hiral Nagda
53. Every morning, I wake up saying, ‘I’m still alive, a miracle.’ And so I keep on pushing. – Jim Carrey
Quotes about being one with nature
54. Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished. – Lao Tzu
55. Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better. – Albert Einstein
56. Waking up early, connecting with nature, and having my quiet time are priorities to me, and they are non-negotiable. – Danette May
57. Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts. There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature – the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after winter. – Rachel Carson
58. Going to the mountains is like going home. – John Muir
59. Nature holds the key to our aesthetic, intellectual, cognitive and even spiritual satisfaction. – E. O. Wilson
60. When even one virtue becomes our nature, the mind becomes clean and tranquil. Then there is no need to practice meditation; we will automatically be meditating always. – Sri S. Satchidananda
61. Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy. – Isaac Newton
Grounding quotes for mental peace
62. Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset. – Saint Francis de Sales
63. Our culture encourages us to plan every moment and fill our schedules with one activity and obligation after the next, with no time to just be. But the human body and mind require downtime to rejuvenate. I have found my greatest moments of joy and peace just sitting in silence, and then I take that joy and peace with me out into the world. – Holly Mosier
64. I can have peace of mind only when I forgive rather than judge. – Gerald Jampolsky
65. Silence is a beautiful healing therapy – allowing your soul to be at peace with your thoughts. – Avijeet Das
66. When you start letting go of your sense of ego, you start feeling inner peace from the soul. – Shiva Negi
67. Learn to say no to demands, requests, invitations, and activities that leave you with no time for yourself. Until I learned to say no, and mean it, I was always overloaded by stress. You may feel guilty and selfish at first for guarding your downtime, but you’ll soon find that you are a much nicer, more present, more productive person in each instance you do choose to say yes. – Holly Mosier
68. Seek happiness in tranquility and avoid ambition even if it is only the apparently innocent one of distinguishing yourself in science and discoveries. – Mary Shelley
69. It’s important to learn to quiet the mind since all the best ideas seem to come out of nowhere. All the great minds working on big problems have all spoken about how creative discoveries always come during breaks and rests from thinking and seemingly from someplace other than themselves, like a bolt of lightning or a seed being planted in their brain.Todd Perelmuter
70. We are not going to change the whole world, but we can change ourselves and feel free as birds. We can be serene even in the midst of calamities and, by our serenity, make others more tranquil. Serenity is contagious. If we smile at someone, he or she will smile back. And a smile costs nothing. We should plague everyone with joy. If we are to die in a minute, why not die happily, laughing? – Sri S. Satchidananda
Final thoughts on having a peaceful mind
These were my 70 favorite quotes for a peaceful mind. I hope they inspired you to get rid of the negative thoughts and not let them affect your state of mind anymore!
I wish you peace of mind and tranquility so you can enjoy life more and work harder to achieve all your big dreams!