This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase something, I will receive a commission with no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclosure.
As human beings, we sometimes tend to fixate on negative events and feelings we experienced. But the only thing it really does is this: it makes us stuck in the past. Repeating positive affirmations for letting go can help you break the loop of hurt and negativity and finally move on with your life.
The process of healing can take a while and sometimes you’ll need to just keep smiling through pain and believing that you are going to be okay. Be there for yourself like you would be there for a friend who is going through a difficult time.
If you realize that you keep holding on to the past and thinking about what could have happened, you probably need to change your perspective. Try to see everything that happens to you as an experience. Let me explain what I mean.
If it’s good, enjoy it and make a mental note so you can see more of it in the future. If it’s bad, accept it, realize that you survived anyway, you are still alive, and there is so much good stuff waiting for you! You just need to make it through a hard time and keep pushing through the darkness until you reach the light.
Remember that your life is in your hands. (Never let anyone or anything convince you otherwise!)
As soon as you allow yourself to let go of your past and stop holding on to your pain, you’ll start the healing process. Keep repeating positive affirmations and learn to enjoy your life again. Because you deserve the best and awesome things will happen to you if you let them!
Why letting go is so hard?
Letting go is so hard because you start identifying yourself with past events. To let go of those negative feelings is like saying goodbye to a part of you that feels familiar. You feel so safe and comfortable being in a familiar state that stepping into the unknown future seems scary and unreasonable.
This is just how our brain works. Even though you know that you are better off without that pain and negativity, you subconsciously hold on to it.
Accept that you may have these feelings but they don’t have to define you anymore.
To break your negative feeling patterns and replace old thoughts with new ones, use specific positive affirmations for letting go that apply to your situation.
Affirmations for letting go of the past
1. I have the power to let go of my past and move on.
2. My past doesn’t have any control over my present and future.
3. I am free from my past mistakes.
4. I am a brand new person who walks into a bright future with a smile on her(his) face.
5. I am ready to close that page and move on with my life.
6. I am not my past. My past mistakes don’t define who I am today.
7. I learned all the lessons and I’m ready to let go.
8. I’m letting the past stay in the past. I’m open to a better future.
Affirmations for letting go of fear
9. I can overcome everything that comes my way.
10. I am recognizing my fears and letting them go.
11. I am good enough and deserve the best.
12. I release all fears that stopped me from going forward in the past.
13. I am strong and fearless. I can face challenges and stand back up after a setback.
14. I replace all my fears with confidence and strength.
16. I set myself free of all the fears that attempt to control my life.
Affirmations for letting go of guilt
17. I let go of my guilt from the past as I focus on the present.
18. I’m releasing the feelings of guilt and shame that have been with me for too long.
19. I move beyond my mistakes. I learned my lessons and can let go now.
20. I accept who I was and that I’m not that person anymore.
21. I treat myself with love, kindness, and respect, as this is what I deserve.
22. I am so much more than my past mistakes.
23. I forgive myself and let go of all the feelings that hold me back.
24. I give myself a gift of being forgiven and allow myself to move on.
Affirmations for letting go of someone
Letting go of an ex and moving on from a relationship can be the hardest thing ever, as this is the kind of connection we hold on to the most. These affirmations will help you allow yourself to be happy without that person and open your heart to new loving relationships.
25. I understand that holding on to the past holds me back. I am ready to let go and step into a better future.
26. Letting go of people is easy for me.
27. I am grateful for all of my past relationships: all the positive moments I experienced and all the lessons I learned.
28. I am open to a new loving relationship now.
29. People who are meant to be in my life, stay in it.
30. I am ready for my true soulmate to enter my life. I open my heart to love and affection.
31. Some people come into my life to teach me something and then leave, and that’s okay.
32. I am full of limitless possibilities and I’m ready to open a new page of my life now.
Affirmations for letting go of control
33. I go with the flow and trust the process.
34. I don’t have to handle everything by myself.
35. It’s safe to rely on others and delegate.
36. My happiness doesn’t depend on whether or not I’m in control.
37. Not all people are stupid. They might surprise me if I give them a chance.
38. It’s okay to let someone else handle things.
39. I’m allowed to make mistakes. This does not make me a bad person.
40. Everything will be okay if I let go of control and let myself relax.
Affirmations for letting go of hurt
41. My happiness is more important than my hurt and resentment. I can let go now.
42. I am a strong and powerful human being. Nothing can hurt me.
43. It’s all over now. I can feel how my pain goes away.
44. I forgive everyone who hurt me in the past. I survived and I’m ready to thrive now!
45. I struggled enough and it ends today. I choose to thrive and enjoy my life.
46. I won’t hold on to my hurt feelings anymore. I give up being a victim. It’s time to become the creator of my awesome life!
47. My pain doesn’t define me. I can get over it and be happy.
48. I am completely healed of my past wounds and ready to face my bright future.
Affirmations to let go of worry
49. It’s time to let go of everything that worries me.
50. I feel safe and protected by Universe, I trust that it guides me in the right direction.
51. I am making a conscious decision to stop worrying and start living.
52. I’m letting go of worrying about things that are out of my control.
53. I am not my feelings. I acknowledge my worries and fears but I won’t let them take control.
54. With each breath I take, I inhale confidence, I exhale stress and worries.
55. I accept that our world is unpredictable and imperfect, but that doesn’t have to scare or worry me.
56. I know that worrying doesn’t help. It can only make things worse.
Affirmations to let go of anger
57. I won’t let my anger take control over me.
58. I release all the anger as it doesn’t serve me in any way.
59. It’s okay to feel angry but I’m not going to act on it.
60. I’m focusing on the positive and shifting toward a happier mindset.
61. I say goodbye to all the negativity I am so used to. From now on, I am turning towards a positive mindset and happy feelings.
62. I feel peaceful and content now. I love how it feels.
63. I am not my anger. I am in control and I choose to not give in to it.
64. I won’t act on anything until I clear my head and analyze the situation with logic.
Affirmations for letting go and trusting the universe
65. I trust that the Universe has my best interest in mind.
66. Everything happens for a reason, even if I don’t understand it now.
67. I am ready to let go and move on with my life.
68. It’s okay to let go of control and go with the flow sometimes.
69. I release every feeling that blocks my spiritual growth.
70. I trust that things unfold in my life in the best possible way.
71. I release all the pressure of always being in control, and I trust the higher guidance.
72. I’m letting go of everything that doesn’t serve me anymore.
Affirmations to let go of negative thoughts
73. I am cleansing from all the negative thoughts and starting to focus on the positive.
74. I made a decision to be more optimistic.
75. I recognize negative thinking patterns when they happen and I make an effort to replace them with positive thoughts.
76. I am done with negative thinking as it only gives me pain and anxiety. I am ready to fill my mind with warm positive feelings.
77. I free my mind of all the negative thoughts and won’t allow them to repeat.
78. I let go of all the negative memories and only hold on to positive ones.
79. I release all the baggage that stopped me from moving forward before.
80. I choose to be a positive and happy person.
Final thoughts on using positive affirmations for letting go
There you have 80 positive affirmations for letting go!
I hope they help you cope and heal.
Affirming a positive message to yourself is your first step to letting go of past events and feelings and moving on with your beautiful life.
For example, you might catch yourself in a familiar negative thinking pattern and feel overwhelmed with negative emotions (it may be pain, anger, worry, guilt, fear, or something else as it’s different for everyone). When this happens, turn to positive affirmations to calm yourself down and shift your focus from the past to the present and future.
You may also try some mindfulness activities that help you stay in the present moment.
And don’t be too hard on yourself if you forget to affirm! Just repeat the affirmations again and allow yourself to let go and feel better.
More affirmations you might like: