This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase something, I will receive a commission with no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclosure.
Following the heart is a bold choice that most people are afraid to commit to. They are held back by fears of judgment, failure, rejection, and being alone, as well as dreading the inevitable change and the uncertainty future might bring. Here is a collection of inspiring follow your heart quotes that will give you a fresh perspective on your life and the strength to carve your own path.
Top 10 quotes about following your heart
You are a one-of-a-kind person, there is literally nobody like you. If you have big dreams that make you so excited that you forget to breathe for a moment when you imagine yourself living that life, if it feels right to want that for yourself, why would you let anything or anyone stop you from having it?
Read these 10 best quotes about following your heart and don’t spend another moment betraying your dreams!
1. Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think. – Roy Bennett
2. Sometimes we need to be knocked down in a place so dark that we have no choice but to trust our heart to illuminate the way. – Brittany Burgunder
3. If it lights you up, just do it and throw away the logics. – Hiral Nagda
4. Let your heart guide you… it whispers so listen closely. – Walt Disney
5. You have the right to follow your heart. Do what feels right, for you. – Maria Erving
6. There are no limits in this world, and you can achieve what you want if you follow your heart. – Kapil Arora
7. In a conflict between the heart and the brain, follow your heart. – Swami Vivekananda
8. Leave everything to follow your dream, until your future walks it down the aisle of existence giving it away to meet you at the altered reality of your destiny. – Curtis Tyrone Jones
9. No one has, or ever will, be able to experience or express your singular point of view, which is why it is so important, both for you and all humanity, that you follow your heart. – Robbie Vorhaus
10. Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary. – Steve Jobs
Follow your heart quotes to inspire change
Many people fear change, even though it’s inevitable if you want to introduce anything good into your life. If you don’t accept change, you’ll always be stuck in stagnation, wondering what would happen if you weren’t so afraid.
These quotes about following your heart will inspire positive change in you:
11. When your pockets are empty, go where your heart is full. – Dragos Bratasanu
12. If you don’t follow your heart, you might spend the rest of your life wishing you had. – Brigitte Nicole
13. Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray. – Rumi
14. I had never really understood what an adventure life could be, if you followed your heart and did what you really wanted to do, which is what we must all do in the end. – Sara Sheridan
15. Live life to the fullest. You have to color outside the lines once in a while if you want to make your life a masterpiece. Laugh some every day. Keep growing, keep dreaming, keep following your heart. The important thing is not to stop questioning. – Albert Einstein
16. Follow your heart. Do not be swayed by the negative opinions of others. Know who you are, what you want, what you need to reach your objectives, and plan accordingly. – Carlos Wallace
17. I think it’s imperative to follow your heart and choose a profession you’re passionate about, and if you haven’t found that ‘spark’ yet, if you’re not sure what you want to do with your lives – be persistent until you do. – Steve Kerr
18. If you truly feel that self-esteem and motivation have to happen first before you can make changes in your life, then we’ll probably be sharing walkers at a retirement home as we talk over what might have been. – Shannon Alder
19. Break the rules, stand apart, ignore your head, and follow your heart. – Paula Abdul
20. Follow your heart, trust your instincts and allow yourself to do what feels best. Above all, trust your wisdom within. – Laurie E. Smith
Best listen to your heart quotes
Whether it’s you who needs a little encouragement or someone you love who is at a crossroads, these quotes will be a good reminder to listen to your heart and follow that yearning in your gut. Read them, bookmark them, and share the best ones with that person who needs a little push in the right direction.
21. You will never be able to escape from your heart. So it is better to listen to what it has to say. – Paulo Coelho
22. You don’t choose your purpose, it chooses you. – Akiroq Brost
23. Always follow your heart! When your heart feels at peace, rest assured, you are on the right track. – Angie Karan
24. To know how to choose a path with heart is to learn how to follow intuitive feeling. Logic can tell you superficially where a path might lead to, but it cannot judge whether your heart will be in it. – Jean Shinoda Bolen
25. You’ll never find peace of mind until you listen to your heart. – George Michael
26. Know what you value, be willing to take a risk, and lead from the heart – lead from what you believe in. – Alan Keith
27. Pay attention to your calling and the world will pay attention to you. – Nicky Verd
28. Follow your heart and listen to its wise instructions. – Ned Burwell
29. At the end of the day, it’s your life. If you turn out good, the world celebrates you and with you (not minding how you achieved it). If bad, they abandon you (even if they gave you the advice that led you to doom). Just be you and follow your heart. – Omoakhuana Anthonia
30. Follow your heart and all things will be done in accordance to the plan. Your heart will steer you in the right direction. – Beatrice Wynn Crum
Quote inspiration to always follow your heart
The only way to reach your true potential in life is to follow the guidance of your heart and see where it takes you. If you keep holding back, you may never know how amazing your life could be if you just took a leap of faith and did what your heart tells you to! Let these quotes inspire you to always follow your heart!
31. There is no one more powerful than the one who trusts their own heart. – Mimi Novic
32. People who don’t follow their hearts are causing a great disservice to themselves, to the world, and to those who they stand by without love. – Kailin Gow
33. I learned always to follow your heart. – Tori Bowie
34. Take a week off. See what you are naturally drawn to and follow that for the rest of your life. – Hiral Nagda
35. Goals and dreams are not purposed to please others. I’d rather be the jester who adds value to those around me than a King with no vision or intention of making a difference. – Janna Cachola
36. Stupid would be denying my heart something it wants just because it’s afraid. I’m not going to live in life in fear just because of the unknown. – Crystal Cestari
37. If you follow your heart there are no regrets because there was no choice. – James L. Malfetti
38. I now follow my heart, and I lead with my heart. I now choose and express my highest self and highest good in my divine spirit work. – Andrew Lutts
39. There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart. Pursue those. – Michael Nolan
40. You can choose to follow your heart always. – Miguel Angel Ruiz
41. If nothing else in this long and short life, let me be true to my conscience, to the dignity of my own heart. Let me act in a way that says, I have honored my spirit as truly as I have honored others’. Let me stand tall and rooted as a mountain in the face of a quaking world. – Jennifer DeLucy
Follow your heart but take your brain with you quotes
Another reason why following your heart is scary is that we often see it as risky as jumping off a cliff. However, it doesn’t have to be like that. The idea is to have a healthy balance between listening to your brain and your heart, so you can have a safety net when you jump, or a reliable rope to keep you safe while you are carefully climbing down that cliff.
Don’t rationalize your calling to the point where it stops you from ever moving forward. But it’s okay to think it through before you actually go for it so you have a pleasant journey and deal with the obstacles in a smart way.
Here are some quotes about following your heart but taking your brain with you:
42. Follow your heart, but don’t lose your mind along the way. – Zack W. Van
43. Follow your conscience. You have to live with yourself for the rest of your life. – Frank Sonnenberg
44. Listen to advice, but follow your heart. – Conway Twitty
45. Follow your heart for your heart will always know the answer. But if it tells you to strangle kittens or something then don’t follow it anymore. I mean it’s just a heart, right? It’s not the Dalai Lama. – Edward Monkton
46. The ultimate secret to finding success is finding the good balance between both following your heart and following your mind. – Vinny Galiano
47. Some people will follow their minds without listening to their hearts, and others will follow their hearts without listening to their minds. This is why reason exists, for there to be balance between the heart and mind. We were not meant to follow the mind and ignore the heart. Instead, we were meant to follow the heart over the mind, but without completely abandoning logic. The middle way is the preferred way, and this path simply means to allow your heart to drive you, but do not forget to balance reason with your conscience. – Suzy Kassem
48. I listen to my thoughts, but I always follow the directions of my heart. – Debasish Mridha
49. Follow your heart, because if you always trust your mind, you’ll always act on logic, and logic doesn’t always lead to happiness. – Unknown
50. Follow your heart and your mind will create. – Ray Wilkins
51. Follow your heart but take your brain with you. – Alfred Adler
Follow your brain not your heart quotes
There are rare moments in life when following your heart is not the best option. These follow-your-brain quotes share some wisdom about times when overthinking is not actually a bad thing.
52. Never follow the decision of your heart, follow the decision of your brain because even the heart itself is not in the right position. – Nishant Gupta
53. Our heart calls us one way, the mind pulls us the other way, and we do the opposite. We cannot find peace when the mind rages war against the heart, when we fight with our thoughts the pull of our love. – Dragos Bratasanu
54. Sometimes your heart needs more time to accept something that your mind already knows. – Paulo Coelho
55. The heart was a weak, changeable thing, bent on nothing but love, and there could be no more fatal mistake than to make it your master… So why did she still keep following her heart? – Cornelia Funke
56. Sometimes you gotta listen to your brain to save your heart. – Stephen Rayment
57. When you say to someone “follow your heart”, it actually refers to the rhetorical representation of various emotions, that are precisely produced from the neural activity of the limbic system. So, the metaphoric heart we always boast about while giving advice to our friends is actually not anywhere near the biological organ known as the heart. Rather it too, like all other elements of the human mind exists only in the brain. ― Abhijit Naskar
58. Sometimes you should let your brain win because your heart is not always right. – Unknown
You’ll be happy if you just follow your heart
Following your dreams, especially the big ones, always implies leaving your comfort zone, and this is the scary part for us humans. We like to feel safe, and staying in the known always feels safer than the alternative. That’s why so many people never leave their hometown, never let themselves chase their big dreams, and settle for being “fine” instead of being happy.
If the idea of leaving your comfort zone freaks you out, think of it as expanding your comfort zone instead. This way, you gently increase your bubble by overcoming your fears little by little, and more things become naturally available to you over time.
If you are honest with yourself and realize that you hold on to the feeling of safety way too much, these wise quotes will dare you to follow your heart.
59. The more you trust your heart, the more empowered you become, the stronger you become, and the happier you become. – Gisele Bundchen
60. Trust your own instincts, go inside, follow your heart. Right from the start. Go ahead and stand up for what you believe in. As I’ve learned, that’s the path to happiness. – Lesley Ann Warren
61. Trust the timing of your life. Keep focusing on putting one foot in front of the other, be kind, and follow your heart. Doors will open effortlessly, but first you have to be ready to walk through. – Brittany Burgunder
62. You can’t live a lie. You have to follow your heart. – Paul Weller
63. If you follow your heart and stay true to yourself, beautiful things will happen. – Shannon Kaiser
64. She was always daydreaming. She never wanted to live in the real world; she always seemed to be separated from other children her age. They couldn’t understand her or her imagination. She was always thinking outside of the box, breaking rules, and only following what her heart told her was right. – Shannon A. Thompson
65. It’s been very important for me to follow my gut or my heart, or whichever organ you want to go by. – Lili Taylor
66. It’s is not enough just to follow your heart. Use it in every breath and in each step. Meet and greet everyone with it. Put it into all you do, every dish you eat and all you create. Then your life and those of those you come into contact with will be truly rich – beyond material and transient things. – Rasheed Ogunlaru
67. Follow your instincts. That’s where true wisdom manifests itself. – Oprah Winfrey
68. When choosing what you want to do with your life, don’t do what you think you will be highly rewarded for. Chose what you will be willing to do even when you are not rewarded for it. That is a secret for living a fulfilling life. – Omony Geoffrey Ocaya
69. Your mind knows only some things. Your inner voice, your instinct, your heart knows everything. If you listen to what you know instinctively, it will always lead you down the right path. – Henry Winkler
70. When you open then follow your heart, your life will become more wonderful. – Steven Redhead
Follow your heart it knows the way quotes
Being an adult means knowing what’s best for you and taking responsibility for making it happen. While you may listen to advice from others, your heart always knows the best way to make you happy. If you just pay attention to its whisper, you’ll never feel lost in life. These follow your heart quotes will remind you to trust your intuition!
71. Follow your heart and success will be your unimpressive shadow. – Kristian Goldmund Aumann
72. Follow your heart, and listen when it speaks to you. – Susanna Tamaro
73. Trust your heart and embrace the journey. You may make a wrong turn but your heart will get you back on the right path. Just keep making choices and don’t second guess yourself. – E’yen A. Gardner
74. I may have let myself go without a safety net, but in my heart I knew the universe would catch me. – Mango Wodzak
75. The heart has its reasons which reason knows not. – Blaise Pascal
76. Don’t worry about things that you simply cannot know. Let them fall back and recede like the foam pushed aside by the flanks of a ship. Leave them behind and let your heart power on. – Mark Helprin
77. I’m here to spread a message of hope. Follow your heart. Don’t follow what you’ve been told you’re supposed to do. – J. Cole
78. If you follow your heart’s knowing persistently, you gradually become far less exposed to pressures. Since knowing is so much more concrete than thoughts, feelings, and experiences, it is your first step to indestructibility. – Shai Tubali
79. Faith that it’s not always in your hands or things don’t always go the way you planned, but you have to have faith that there is a plan for you, and you must follow your heart and believe in yourself no matter what. – Martina McBride
80. Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye. – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
Do what your heart says quotes
81. When the heart speaks, you should hear it, even if it’s as soft as a whisper. – Ivy Oakes
82. Follow whatever your heart and soul desire. – Elmer Fabian
83. How wrong we are to ignore our hearts to follow the familiar path. – Nikki Rowe
84. Follow the tugs that come from the heart. I think that everyone gets these gentle urges and should listen to them. Even if they sound absolutely insane, they may be worth going with. – Victoria Moran
85. I have not always chosen the safest path. I’ve made my mistakes, plenty of them. I sometimes jump too soon and fail to appreciate the consequences. But I’ve learned something important along the way: I’ve learned to heed the call of my heart. I’ve learned that the safest path is not always the best path and I’ve learned that the voice of fear is not always to be trusted. – Steve Goodier
86. Better to put your heart on the line, risk everything, and walk away with nothing than play it safe. Love is a lot of things, but safe isn’t one of them. – Mandy Hale
87. When my heart tells me that something is right, there’s rarely an opportunity for logic to intervene. I go with my instinct, and see where it leads. – Fennel Hudson
88. It’s worth making time to find the things that really stir your soul. That’s what makes you really feel alive. You have to say ‘no’ to other things you’re used to, and do it with all your heart. – Roy T. Bennett
89. When you follow your heart, every destination leads to somewhere beautiful. – Mimi Novic
90. On this path let the heart be your guide. – Rumi
Quotes about following your dreams
People who follow their dreams are probably the happiest on the planet. Even if they fail along the way, they always have the strength to get back on track and continue pursuing what they long for. They have a vision of their dream life and they don’t accept any other outcome, which is why they keep going until they reach that dream destination.
Here are the most inspiring quotes about following your dreams:
91. When you have a dream, you’ve got to grab it and never let go. – Carol Burnett
92. Follow your dreams, let them guide you. Who knows where they may take you. – Nico J. Genes
93. Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart. – Roy T. Bennett
94. I can’t even fathom myself from twenty-four hours ago. I was so busy following my rotten little heart, Disney princess-style. I did end up in a palace, so that’s cool. – Stefan Bachmann
95. I always believed that when you follow your heart or your gut, when you really follow the things that feel great to you, you can never lose, because settling is the worst feeling in the world. – Rihanna
96. Anyone can choose to have success, but only the patient ones will get rewarded by it. Be relentless in chasing your dreams. – Aaron Lauritsen
97. When you have a dream that you can’t let go of, trust your instincts and pursue it. But remember: real dreams take work, they take patience, and sometimes they require you to dig down very deep. Be sure you’re willing to do that. – Harvey Mackay
98. Your life is a beautiful blank canvas. You have the choice of splashing it with the most gorgeous and spectacular colors, by doing what you love. – Hiral Nagda
99. Listen to the dreams of your heart, look at your natural gifts, develop and discover. – Renee Metzler
100. Dreams come true. Without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them. – John Updike
Final thoughts on following your heart
These were 100 motivational quotes about following your heart, I hope they inspired you to make a necessary change and begin some positive movement in the right direction.
Please share in the comments your favorite quotes from this list and what exactly is stopping you from following your heart!