This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase something, I will receive a commission with no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclosure.
However bad your day happens to be, someone’s cute smile will always make you smile back. Show your own genuine cute smile to a sad person, and you’ll add more light to their day immediately. Smiling is not hard, and these quotes about cute smiles will surely make you wanna do it more!
Whether you are looking for the right words to compliment someone’s smile, or for a perfect cute smile caption for your Instagram selfie, you’ll find plenty of good quotes below.
What makes a smile cute?
Your natural positive outlook, unique features of your beautiful face, and your inner beauty and peace, all contribute to your smile being perceived as cute just as much as teeth whiteness or alignment do. There is also personal perception, which makes people who love you consider your smile even cuter than others see it.
Dentists might tell you that a cute smile is all about teeth. And while there is some logic in that, you don’t need perfectly aligned white teeth and a specific mouth curve for someone to consider your smile cute. I say it’s (almost) all about the attitude!
Take dogs for example. Naturally, when they show teeth, it’s a sign of aggression, right? So logically, they are supposed to see us as a threat every time we smile at them (which is a lot, let’s be honest). Instead, studies show that dogs actually respond to the smiles of their humans in a positive way, by changing their own facial expressions.
So why does it happen? Clearly, they are looking at the whole picture. They read your gestures, the way you stand, the sounds you make, and your overall attitude. They hear laugh instead of growling and see love in your eyes, and they feel safe with you. Same, but on a more complicated level, happens to people.
You don’t even have to show your teeth to have a cute smile. In fact, a closed-mouth smile is often interpreted as a sign of warmth and kindness. Personally, for the first two decades of my life I was shy and insecure enough to never show my teeth when smiling, and I was still considered a cute smile person by some people.
Similarly, in most cases, it’s obvious when a smile is fake or forced, and that one will never be wholeheartedly considered cute or beautiful.
Why show your cute smile to the world?
Smiling at someone is the easiest way to improve their mood immediately, without much effort. Even smiling in the mirror can make your day better, raise your confidence, and release some stress by laughing, especially if you stare at yourself with a forced smile long enough.
Let’s see what a cute smile implies:
- A cute smile is lovely to look at;
- A person with a cute smile has at least one reason to smile a lot;
- A cute person usually has a cute smile;
- A cute smile improves your mood when you see it;
- A cute smile immediately makes you want to smile back;
- It’s easy to come up with a compliment for a cute smile;
- A cute smile improves your self-esteem when you smile in the mirror.
Maybe that were some silly examples, but who said you should always be serious? Smile just because you can! Show your cute smile to the world, even when nobody is around to see it! Who knows, you might even get a bit healthier every time you do it.
Best cute smile quotes to compliment someone
If you came here looking for a nice saying about your special person’s cute smile, here you go!
1. Your smile is like a beautiful sunrise, your kindness a warm blanket. – Unknown
2. She’s absolutely beautiful. Her hope is beautiful. The smile on her face is beautiful. The tears streaming down her cheeks are beautiful. Her love is beautiful. – Colleen Hoover
3. May sunshine surround you each new day. And may smiles and love never be far away. – Catherine Pulsifier
4. She is like a flower. Her smile illuminates the whole world. – Debasish Mridha
5. As long as you live keep smiling because it brightens everybody’s day. – Vin Scully
6. And in her smile I see something more beautiful than the stars. – Beth Revis
7. Sending you a day full of sunshine, a heaven filled with rainbows, and a pocket full of dreams. May the future ahead of you be as wonderful as you are. – Judith Wibberley
8. The most irresistible beauty is the radiant glow from a kind and gentle heart. – Richelle E. Goodrich
9. You’re beautful. Yes you are, you’re very very beautiful. Extremely beautiful. – Orson Welles
10. The sweetest song is the beautiful smile of a loving woman. – Debasish Mridha
Cute little quotes about smiling
Here are a bunch of little reminders that smiling is important for your happiness.
11. Smile, it’s free therapy. – Douglas Horton
12. Smile more. Smiling can make you and others happy. – Roy T. Bennett
13. To be happy, you must be your own sunshine. – C.E. Jerningham
14. Try to be a rainbow in someone else’s cloud. – Maya Angelou
15. You’ll find that life is still worthwhile, if you just smile. – Charlie Chaplin
16. Colors are the smiles of nature. – Leigh Hunt
17. I love seeing people smiling, dancing. There’s enough sadness in the world, man. – Anderson East
18. Always find opportunities to make someone smile, and to offer random acts of kindness in everyday life. – Roy T. Bennett
19. A warm smile is the universal language of kindness. – William Arthur Ward
20. A smile is a curve that sets everything straight. – Phyllis Diller
21. You can only hold a smile for so long, after that it’s just teeth. – Chuck Palahniuk
Cute smile quotes for Instagram captions
These are good cute smile quotes to use as your caption for social media. Enjoy!
22. Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy. – Thich Nhat Hanh
23. Remember even though the outside world might be raining, if you keep on smiling the sun will soon show its face and smile back at you. – Anna Lee
24. Be the reason someone smiles. Be the reason someone feels loved and believes in the goodness in people. – Roy T. Bennett
25. I enjoy jokes, smiling, and making people smile. I may be a little different, but that’s OK, who wants to be normal anyway? – Tim Duncan
26. Smiling is definitely one of the best beauty remedies. If you have a good sense of humor and a good approach to life, that’s beautiful. – Rashida Jones
27. Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about. – Marilyn Monroe
28. If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours. – Dolly Parton
29. Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. – Leo F. Buscaglia
30. Be like glitter, shine everywhere people put you in and put you on. – Aiyaz Uddin
31. Smiling is very important. If we are not able to smile, then the world will not have peace. It is not by going out for a demonstration against nuclear missiles that we can bring about peace. It is with our capacity of smiling, breathing, and being peace that we can make peace. – Thich Nhat Hanh
32. Keep your face to the sun and you will never see the shadows. – Helen Keller
Cute girl quotes about smiling
And these are some empowering words of wisdom for every cute and strong girl out there!
33. A smile is the best makeup any girl can wear. – Marilyn Monroe
34. You’re never fully dressed without a smile. – Annie
35. Her smile is like summer moonlight-beautiful and magical, with a fire that could melt the night. – Ellen Hopkins
36. In the fairy tales, the poor girl smiles when she becomes a princess. Right now, I don’t know if I’ll ever smile again. – Victoria Aveyard
37. I smile like a flower not only with my lips but with my whole being. – Rumi
38. I add a smile to everything I wear and that has worked great for me. – David White
39. Every girl needs a good guy who can help her laugh when she thinks she’ll never smile again. – Unknown
40. Showing up is like 90 percent of the battle, and just make sure your hair is really cute. – Willam Belli
41. A woman whose smile is open and whose expression is glad has a kind of beauty no matter what she wears. – Anne Roiphe
42. Beauty is truth’s smile when she beholds her own face in a perfect mirror. – Rabindranath Tagore
43. Beneath the makeup and behind the smile I am just a girl who wishes for the world. – Marilyn Monroe
Positive quotes to put a cute smile on your face
These quotes are not necessarily about a smile, but they are supposed to make your cute smile show up right away!
44. Whatever makes you feel bad, leave it. Whatever makes you smile, keep it. – Lovely Goyal
45. The most beautiful curve on a woman’s body is her smile. – Bob Marley
46. I don’t get cute, I get drop-dead gorgeous. – Alyssa Edwards
47. Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you. – Peace Pilgrim
48. If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it. – Andy Rooney
49. Let your smile change the world, but don’t let the world change your smile. – Connor Franta
50. There is a radiance hidden in your heart that the world desperately needs. – John Eldredge
51. What’s the use of worrying? It never was worthwhile, so pack up your troubles in your old kit-bag and smile, smile, smile. – George Henry Powell
52. The longer I live, the more beautiful life becomes. – Frank Lloyd Wright
53. Ah! Your heavenly smile makes my heart dance with the ecstasy of life. – Debasish Mridha
54. Always remember to be happy because you never know who’s falling in love with your smile. – C.J. Duggan
Cute relationship quotes about smiling
Most of our smiles go to people we love. Whether you are happy to spend time with your crazy friends, feeling joy around your family members, or can’t stop smiling because you found your soulmate, it’s usually people what makes our lives worth living. Our people.
55. One smile can start a friendship. One word can end a fight. One look can save a relationship. One person can change your life. – Unknown
56. There are some people in life who make you laugh a little louder, smile a little bigger and live just a little bit better. – Unknown
57. A simple smile. That’s the start of opening your heart and being compassionate to others. – Dalai Lama
58. Never waste time holding grudges for people who have wronged you. Time waits for no one. Apologize when you are wrong, express your love when you should, forgive the ones who wronged you and appreciate the one who makes efforts to see you smile. – Nomthandazo Tsembeni
59. Even if you cannot change all the people around you, you can change the people you choose to be around. Life is too short to waste your time on people who don’t respect, appreciate, and value you. Spend your life with people who make you smile, laugh, and feel loved. – Roy T. Bennett
60. A smile is a friend maker. – Bangambiki Habyarimana
61. Let us make one point, that we meet each other with a smile, when it is difficult to smile. Smile at each other, make time for each other in your family. – Mother Teresa
62. Smile, for everyone lacks self-confidence and more than any other one thing a smile reassures them. – Andre Maurois
63. If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love. Don’t be surly at home, then go out in the street and start grinning ‘Good morning’ at total strangers. – Maya Angelou
64. Running my fingers into his thick hair, I wallow in the strength and heat surrounding me before he pulls away, giving me such a happy smile it makes my heart rattle inside my chest. There’s nothing better in this whole world than to be held in someone’s loving stare. A stare they reserve for you. – Poppet
65. Encouragement to others is something everyone can give. Somebody needs what you have to give. It may not be your money; it may be your time. It may be your listening ear. It may be your arms to encourage. It may be your smile to uplift. Who knows? – Joel Osteen
Cute smile quotes for her
Looking for some cute quotes for your girlfriend to make her smile? You are exactly in the right place.
66. She wrote love with her smile and magic with her eyes. – Giovannie de Sadeleer
67. I like you very much. Just as you are. – Bridget Jones’s Diary
68. I wondered if my smile was as big as hers. Maybe as big. But not as beautiful. – Benjamin Alire Sáenz
69. What I’ve never understood is why some women use plastic surgery to make themselves more attractive to men. The most beautiful woman is someone who’s happy and is always smiling. – Irina Shayk
70. “I’ve always found that the most beautiful people, truly beautiful inside and out, are the ones who are quietly unaware of their effect.” His eyes searched mine intently, and for a moment we stood there toe to toe. “The ones who throw their beauty around, waste what they have? Their beauty is only passing. It’s just a shell hiding nothing but shadows and emptiness.” – Jennifer L. Armentrout
71. The rising sun each morning isn’t half as bright as your smile. – Unknown
72. Your wide-eyed, bright smile opens my heart to fall deeply in love with you than words can capture. – Unknown
73. I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I’m in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout out into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we’re all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we’ll ever have, and I’m in love with you. – John Green
74. Then she smiles, and it turns out she has dimples, and it’s all over. – Amie Kaufman
75. Such a beautiful smile! It is like spring flowers in the deadness of a white winter. – Debasish Mridha
76. I am intrigued by the smile upon your face, and the sadness within your eyes. – Jeremy Aldana
Cute smile quotes for him
Here are a few cute smile quotes for your boyfriend if you are looking for a way to cheer him up!
77. And then he gives me a smile that just seems so genuinely sweet with just the right touch of shyness that unexpected warmth rushes through me. – Suzanne Collins
78. Dimples should come with a warning: Dangerous! Could knock your world off its axis, categorized as a weapon, proceed with caution. – Adriana Law
79. The real lover is the man who can thrill you just by touching your head or smiling into your eyes – or just by staring into space. – Marilyn Monroe
80. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer. I didn’t care that we were out in public. I didn’t care that he was Moroi. All that mattered was that he was Adrian, my Adrian. My match. My partner in crime. – Richelle Mead
81. Before I met you, I never knew what it was like to be able to look at someone and smile for no reason. – Unknown
82. Suddenly, I find the most beautiful smiles in your eyes. – Debasish Mridha
83. “My boyfriend’s an idiot,” I say as soon as he lurches away. “A cute idiot,” Ally corrects me. – Lauren Oliver
84. Trent has kept his promise. He makes me smile every day. – K.A. Tucker
85. A strange, warm feeling swirled in my chest, and for a brief moment, when I looked at him, I saw… safety. – Richelle Mead
86. Nothing gives me so much joy as knowing I’m the reason behind your beautiful glowing smiling face. I love you so much. – Unknown
Cute smile quotes for sister
These are some wonderful quotes you could share with your sister if you wanna see her cute smile again.
87. Keep your face always toward the sunshine — and shadows will fall behind you. – Walt Whitman
88. Sing like no one’s listening, love like you’ve never been hurt, dance like nobody’s watching, and live like it’s heaven on earth. – Mark Twain
89. Wear a smile and have friends; wear a scowl and have wrinkles. – George Eliot
90. Her smile is the simplest miracle that she can create anytime. – Tara Estacaan
91. A smile is the light in your window that tells others that there is a caring, sharing person inside. – Denis Waitley
92. Self-care is the non-negotiable. That’s the thing that you have to do. And beauty is the thing that can be the benefit of the self-care. Beauty is not the point. Beauty is just a cute side-effect from self-care. – Jonathan Van Ness
93. The only rule is don’t be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in. – Paris Hilton
94. You’re beautiful, just the way you are. Shine on. And dare anyone to turn off the lights. – Mandy Hale
95. A smile is happiness you’ll find right under your nose. – Tom Wilson
96. I don’t think you should try to be anything you’re not. If you’re not smiling all the time or always happy – I don’t think it matters. If you’re having bad day, show you’re having a bad day. Don’t try to put up something that’s fake. – Elle Fanning
97. Lighten up, just enjoy life, smile more, laugh more, and don’t get so worked up about things. – Kenneth Branagh
Cute quotes about smiling and love
98. Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love. – Mother Teresa
99. Never a lip is curved with pain that can’t be kissed into smiles again. – Bret Harte
100. Science teaches to think but love teaches to smile. – Santosh Kalwar
101. Smile because you’re beautiful, smile because you’re alive, smile for every mistake you’ve made, smile for every person you’ve ever met or seen, smile for who you are today. You are special and someone out there loves you and loves your smile so keep it coming. – Unknown
102. May the light of the morning sun shine upon you. May the deepest and sweetest love always find you. – Debasish Mridha
103. Do the things make you happy. Be with the one that makes you smile. Laugh as much as you breathe and live happy. – Timothy Pina
104. When I look out at the people and they look at me and they’re smiling, then I know that I’m loved. That is the time when I have no worries, no problems.Etta James
105. He’s usually the confident intellect, but every once in a while when he’s around me, he turns into this clumsy fool. It makes me smile to think that I can make him as flustered as he seems to make me. – Kimberly Lauren
106. My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return. – Maya Angelou
107. Love. Yes. That’s what I feel for you. Your smile makes me happy and your pain makes me hurt with you. Your unhappiness makes me unhappy. Your body makes me ache and you make me hard with need to be inside you. You are always on my mind and when I am not with you, I want you with me. – Laurann Dohner
Cute life quotes about smiling
108. A gentle word, a kind look, a good-natured smile can work wonders and accomplish miracles. – William Hazlitt
109. Smile at strangers and you just might change a life. – Steve Maraboli
110. A smile puts you on the right track. A smile makes the world a beautiful place. When you lose your smile, you lose your way in the chaos of life. – Roy T. Bennett
111. After every storm the sun will smile; for every problem there is a solution, and the soul’s indefeasible duty is to be of good cheer. – William R. Alger
112. I was smiling yesterday, I am smiling today and I will smile tomorrow. Simply because life is too short to cry for anything. – Santosh Kalwar
113. I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. – Leonardo da Vinci
114. Don’t let the shadows of yesterday spoil the sunshine of tomorrow. Live for today. – Nandina Morris
115. It only takes a split second to smile and forget, yet to someone that needed it, it can last a lifetime. – Steve Maraboli
116. Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams. – Ashley Smith
117. Nobody needs a smile so much as the one who has none to give. So get used to smiling heart-warming smiles, and you will spread sunshine in a sometimes dreary world. – Lawrence G. Lovasik
118. We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do. – Mother Teresa
Cute quotes about smiling and being happy
119. Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been. – Jimmy Buffett
120. The happiness of life is made up of minute fractions – the little, soon forgotten charities of a kiss or a smile, a kind look or heartfelt compliment. – Samuel Taylor Coleridge
121. If you’ve got nothing to dance about, find a reason to sing. – Melody Carstairs
122. A smile is the best way to get away with trouble even if it’s a fake one. – Masashi Kishimoto
123. I will follow the upward road today; I will keep my face to the light. I will think high thoughts as I go my way; I will do what I know is right. I will look for the flowers by the side of the road; I will laugh and love and be strong. I will try to lighten another’s load this day as I fare along. – Mary S. Edgar
124. If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you’ll never enjoy the sunshine. – Morris West
125. Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it. – Andy Rooney
126. Everyone smiles in the same language. – George Carlin
127. The source of a true smile is an awakened mind. – Thich Nhat Hanh
128. The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy – it’s all that matters. – Audrey Hepburn
129. If you are happy and people around you are not happy, they will not allow you to stay happy. Therefore much of our happiness depends upon our ability to spread happiness around us. – Dr. Madan Kataria
Cute quotes about smiles and laughs
130. As soon as you have made a thought, laugh at it. – Lao Tsu
131. People ask me a lot, ‘How can you smile all the time?’ I tell them, ‘I was never angry. God created me this way. He created me laughing and smiling.’ – Phan Thi Kim Phuc
132. Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator, but among those whom I love, I can: all of them make me laugh. – W. H. Auden
133. There are many things evil people can take from you. However, they can never steal your ability to laugh and laugh loud. – Shannon L. Alder
134. What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. These are but trifles, to be sure; but scattered along life’s pathway, the good they do is inconceivable. – Joseph Addison
135. We women take love too seriously. Men wish to be loved with laughter, not with sighing. So laugh, sweetheart, laugh, or soon you may be weeping. – Minna Thomas Antrim
136. Laughter is day, and sobriety is night; a smile is the twilight that hovers gently between both, more bewitching than either. – Henry Ward Beecher
137. They didn’t know why these things were funny. Sometimes you laugh because you’ve got no more room for crying. Sometimes you laugh because table manners on a beach are funny. And sometimes you laugh because you’re alive, when you really shouldn’t be.Terry Pratchett
138. If you wish to glimpse inside a human soul and get to know the man, don’t bother analyzing his ways of being silent, of talking, of weeping, or seeing how much he is moved by noble ideas; you’ll get better results if you just watch him laugh. If he laughs well, he’s a good man… All I claim to know is that laughter is the most reliable gauge of human nature. – Feodor Dostoyevsky
139. I never would have made it if I could not have laughed. It lifted me momentarily out of this horrible situation, just enough to make it livable. – Viktor Frankl
140. Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Continue to learn. Play with abandon. Choose with no regret. Laugh! Do what you love. Love as if this is all there is. – Mary Anne Radmacher-Hershey
Cute sweet quotes about smiling
141. Cute is when a person’s personality shines through their looks. Like in the way they walk, every time you see them you just want to run up and hug them. – Natalie Portman
142. Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
143. Beauty is power; a smile is its sword. – John Ray
144. If I can see pain in your eyes then share with me your tears. If I can see joy in your eyes then share with me your smile. – Santosh Kalwar
145. Peace begins with a smile. – Mother Teresa
146. In embracing our own divinity, we can rise and shine like the radiant beings that we are. We have the choice. – Reena Kumarasingham
147. A warm smile is the universal language of kindness. – William Arthur Ward
148. Don’t try to be what you’re not. If you’re nervous, be nervous. If you’re shy, be shy. It’s cute. – Adriana Lima
149. The world always looks brighter from behind a smile. – Unknown
150. When the stars fall into darkness, I will quietly shine for you. – Mika Yamamori
Final thoughts about a cute smile
I hope you smiled at least a dozen times while reading these quotes, and your body is full of endorphins right now!
Let me know in the comments below which quote about a cute smile is your favorite, and whose smile you are looking to summon, even if it’s your own.
More positive quotes to make your day better: