This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase something, I will receive a commission with no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclosure.
If you struggle to love yourself, you are not the only one!
The habit of repeating a few beautiful affirmations for self-love on a daily basis will bring you closer to unconditional love and happiness. You’ll learn to trust yourself, forgive yourself for whatever events in your past hold you back, and move on to a happy and content life.
To date, the power of self-talk was scientifically proven to help win all kinds of personal battles.
That’s why I think using positive affirmations is a nice and relatively easy way to grow your self-love. From love will come self-respect and you’ll also become more confident in your actions. Your heart will start to open to all the amazing opportunities that are waiting for you!
Honestly, if we could all just truly love ourselves, everyone’s life would be better and happier!
Unfortunately, self-love is not something people usually care about and specifically work on. We learn to be a good friend, a devoted partner, and we love other people hoping they would love us back.
But what we don’t understand is that we need to love ourselves first! If your heart is closed, you won’t let anyone make you happy.
And you deserve to be happy.
In this post, you’ll find a beautiful list of powerful affirmations for self-love and some helpful tips to make them work for you.
How to start practicing your self-love
Be mindful about how you see yourself
First of all, you need to get rid of all the negative beliefs you have around yourself.
When you see yourself in the mirror, what’s the first thing that comes to your mind?
Take a look now and share in comments what was that first thought! For most people, it’s some flaw in their appearance they always notice, so it’s ok if you don’t wanna share it right now!
When you apply all the techniques from this post and learn to love yourself, come back and do this again and I’m sure you’ll be more likely to share your first thought then!
Anyway, my point is that you CAN control your thoughts.
Next time you catch a negative thought against your appearance or whatever, accept it as part of a foreign mindset and let it go. Instantly tell yourself one or two positive statements from this list. Replacing bad thoughts with good is a great strategy to change the way you think about yourself before you can improve the look itself if you still want to.
A while ago I’ve read someone’s comment (that I loved!) under a fitness video on Youtube. I don’t remember the exact words, but here is the gist of it as an example to illustrate this point:
Instead of saying: “I’m a fat cow, no wonder nobody likes me. I hate myself so much, I have to get fit asap!”
Say this: “I love the person under the fat, she(he) is a beautiful soul. I’m gonna free myself from being trapped inside because I love myself. I’m gonna get healthy and fit as this is what I deserve.”
If you wanna change, change. But not because you hate what you see, but because you love what’s inside and want the best shape for yourself!
This applies to anything really. Get rid of all the negative thinking patterns as they definitely don’t make you happier!
Write down a list of things that you don’t enjoy doing
Seriously, make a brain dump of all the things that don’t serve your happiness. Grab a piece of paper and do it right now!
Some of these things may seem unavoidable, but they actually are. Not all at once, but one by one, with small steps, you can eliminate the activities you hate from your life completely.
Whether it’s by delegating, saying NO more often, or cutting on things that you do for somebody else, you’ll feel better as soon as you start getting rid of them.
Make a habit of saying words of love to yourself
Looking in the mirror and repeating words to yourself may seem ridiculous, but it works for so many people! It gets better when you get used to it, but you don’t have to do it if your inner resistance stops you from focusing on the words.
For now, if you are new to affirmations, just close your eyes and say or think the words of support to yourself. Whatever you need to hear right now, be the one who says it to you. Repeat the process regularly until you create a habit of positive self-talk.
The words may be different, but your intention and the waves of love you are sending yourself are the keys to loving yourself more.
In my curated list below you’ll find many beautiful affirmations to choose from. Start with them and add more personalized ones when you start to feel more confident doing this. You can combine them with your entrepreneur affirmations or general happiness statements depending on your current feelings, goals, and needs. Also, check out this list of anxiety affirmations if that’s something you struggle with.
Here is a video from one of my favorite Youtubers with a few interesting rituals for self-love.
Watch it if you wanna dive deeper and kickstart your self-loving journey in addition to daily affirmations!
How to make self-love affirmations work for you
I hope you’ve just learned some cool tricks for practicing self-love and are excited to start!
Before you dive into self-love affirmations, I wanted to quickly go through some steps that will help you make the most of your practice. Follow them to tune your existing growth mindset into a permanent positive mode and to make sure your affirmations work as expected!
These rules are important but flexible enough so you can personalize them and apply them to your own life.
So, here are my 5 recommended steps to make sure your affirmations work:
1. Find the right amount of self-love affirmations that applies to your goals
I wrote a whole another post to address the common question regarding the number of affirmations you should use. So if you are wondering whether your three statements are enough or if you need a hundred at once as someone suggested, go read that first.
As soon as you have your number, carefully go through the list below and choose the affirmations that speak to you the most. The ones that make you feel something are the most powerful.
You can and should personalize them even further later when you are used to the general concept of saying affirmations.
2. Combine self-love affirmations with a few happy affirmations to boost your mood
You need to love yourself, but you understandably can’t be in the mood for compliments all the time.
For cases like that, when you can’t come up with self-loving statements or start to think this is all silly, add to your daily list a couple of happy affirmations. This should give you enough positive emotions to keep up with your day so then you can continue with self-love affirmations.
3. Dedicate a special time of day to your self-love affirmations
Remember that the goal is to create a habit of saying affirmations daily. This way you won’t need to think about it, remember to do it, add it to your to-do list every day, and feel bad when you forget. As soon as this ritual gets carved in your subconscious as a part of your day, it’ll feel natural and never a chore.
The easiest way to create a habit is to chain it to an existing habit of yours. There are so many things during the day that we do on autopilot! I’m sure you can find something to chain your affirmations to. Like, doing it after you wash your face in the morning, after your workout, or before lunch. Bedtime may be a good choice too if you can keep yourself from falling asleep a few minutes longer!
Find a quiet and peaceful place where you are alone, even if it’s a bathroom or your garage. Make it your personal time. Even if it’s three minutes, make sure you have this time all to yourself. Relax, eliminate distractions, focus on your breathing, and start saying your affirmations.
If you have a tiny bit more time on your hands, you can use your favorite scented candles or aroma diffuser in the room. By making the process even more pleasant you associate it with positive feelings of calmness and coziness, so you’ll be instinctively looking forward to your next affirmation session.
4. Save your self-love affirmations list for easy access
There are numerous ways you can keep your affirmations in place:
- write them down in your journal and make a bookmark
- create a note in your digital notes app
- bookmark this page in your browser
- write them on a post-it and put on a visible place in your workspace
- print them out and clip to your wire board
- make a screenshot and set it as your phone’s wallpaper
Use whichever approach makes more sense for you or come up with your own. As soon as you can reach your affirmations quickly whenever you need them, you are good to go.
5. Say each affirmation out loud until you believe it
There is no sense in doing all this if you don’t believe you can get results.
Your mind is more powerful than you may think, but it needs you to control it and push your thoughts in the right direction.
Affirmations are great for this.
Say each sentence as many times as you need until it feels natural. You’ll feel more resistance on the first days of doing this, but it will gradually go away when you get used to self-love thinking.
As I mentioned in the beginning, loving and appreciating yourself is not an easy thing to do, but it’s far from impossible.
50 Beautiful Affirmations For Self-Love
Affirmations for self-love and acceptance
- I am enough.
- I love the person I am as well as the one I am becoming.
- I wake up to a new day to love and accept myself.
- I release all the negative thoughts about my body and my face and replace them with love.
- I am powerful, confident, and capable of reaching all my dreams.
- I love and accept my body and my height, my weight, and all my curves.
- I revoke permission to ever hurt and criticize myself again.
- I let go of all the dreadful thoughts about myself one at a time.
- I am worthy of everything good in life.
Affirmations for forgiving yourself
- I accept and forgive all my mistakes, all my failures and all my regrets.
- I forgive myself for the way I treated me in the past.
- I let go of all baggage — emotional, mental, physical that no longer serves me.
- I am at peace with my past.
- I am gentle and kind with myself and recover from mistakes gracefully.
- I let go of judgment and fill the empty space with love and understanding.
- I am more loving and forgiving every day.
- I trust my present and future decisions based on love and good intentions.
Affirmations for self-love and healing
- I am feeling better and better every day.
- I am sending love and light to every organ in my body.
- I am relaxed, centered, and refreshed in my present state of mind.
- I am worthy of my own love and affection and today is a great time to start.
- I am willing to listen to what my body is telling me.
- I am now seeing myself in a new, loving light.
- I am inhaling who I am, exhaling who I am not.
- I am allowing my body to heal.
Affirmations for not comparing yourself to others
- Nobody is me and that is my superpower.
- I am exactly who I need to be at this moment.
- I embrace my journey because it is uniquely designed just for me.
- I give myself permission to embrace all sides of me and trust that I am enough.
- I release all the doubts and insecurities I felt about myself.
- I feel no hatred for others as I melt away all the self-hatred toward me.
- Jealousy has no place in my heart or mind
- I am doing the best I can.
Affirmations for trusting yourself
- I have always and will continue to always try my best; I honor this.
- I trust my inner voice and my intuition to show me the way.
- I make smart choices that lead me to joy and happiness.
- I love and believe in the person that lives in my body and carries me through the day.
- I believe in my ability to guide myself in the right direction.
- I am powerful, confident, and capable of reaching all my dreams.
- I have the strength to rise in the face of adversity.
- I trust in my ability to survive and thrive through any obstacle.
- I have complete faith in my decisions and trust in all my actions.
Affirmations about taking care of yourself
- Healthy food fuels my body.
- I cherish the time I take to refill.
- I must make sure I am regularly taking care of myself before I take on too much to help others.
- My body is a beautiful expression of my individuality.
- I choose to let go of what I can’t control in my life.
- I am patient and kind with myself and my progress.
- I treat myself with gentle loving kindness at all times.
- My self-care is worth making time for.
How to love yourself unconditionally
If you don’t love yourself, how can others love you? And how can you really love the others?
Yes, self-love is the hardest kind of love. For many different reasons we always resist accepting and forgiving yourself.
But you are stuck with yourself forever so why not embrace it and learn to love what you got?
Appreciating the body you’ve been given and the unique mind that’s inside it is the first step to living a fulfilled and content life.
There is nobody else exactly like you.
You may not see it right now, but you have a unique story. You own a set of talents and experiences some people only wish they had. And you need to believe you are special so those talents can grow and thrive.
Learn to be a best friend to yourself.
Next time when you get angry or disappointed with yourself, think what you would do if it was one of your good friends instead of you? Would you blame and hate them for their mistakes or support on every step of their journey? Would you ever tell them they are ugly or instead show them how beautiful they are?
Then why would you treat yourself like that? That’s the opposite of love.
You are the only one person who will be always with you. Every moment of every day, from your first to your last breath on this planet, you’ll be there.
Please don’t let this wonderful life be full of hatred and negativity!
Love yourself, enjoy yourself, be there for yourself. No matter what!
Final thoughts on self-love affirmations
Here you have your 50 beautiful positive affirmations for self-love!
Practice them daily, and you’ll get your results.
Love yourself as a part of the Universe and the Universe will love you back!
Remember: you don’t need anyone else to tell you that you are beautiful, smart, and a nice person. You know this in your heart, so it’s time to let it sink in your brain too.
You deserve love! Yes, you, beautiful soul! Love yourself first and good luck with building your best life!
Pin this for later!