This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase something, I will receive a commission with no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclosure.
Are you the kind of person who hates Mondays or the one who gets all energized and sees it as a little new beginning? Whichever it may be, you’ll definitely find some relatable lines below! From short inspirational quotes to deep bits of wisdom to snarky comments about Mondays, here is my big collection of 70 funny and meaningful sayings about Mondays to start every week with a good vibe!
If you are someone who enjoys self-reflection as part of your personal growth journey, you’ll also love my 20 journaling questions for mindful Mondays! There I have some easy and not-so-easy prompts to make sure you gradually improve your life and wellbeing week by week.
Without further ado, let’s start with beautiful short quotes about Mondays, shall we?
Short inspirational quotes about Monday
These are some short sayings that you can use as a caption to post on social media on Monday or just to kickstart your own day. In any case, they are perfect for getting that motivation boost every Monday morning when you feel sleepy and maybe not as excited to start another work week!
1. It’s Monday. Don’t forget to be awesome.
2. May your coffee be strong and your Monday be short.
3. Ok, Monday. Let’s do this!
4. It’s Monday! Perfect time to reboot your mind and have a fresh start.
5. I really need a day between Sunday and Monday.
6. Monday to-do list: Wake up. Drink coffee. Slay goals.
7. They should make Mondays illegal.
8. It’s Monday. Get a new perspective. Whatever obstacle you’re facing—it’s not permanent.
9. Every morning you have two choices: continue to sleep with your dreams or wake up & chase them. – Carmelo Anthony
10. Mondays are tough only for those people, who don’t know how to spend them cheerfully. Get up and have fun today!
11. Monday plan: drink coffee, be awesome, ignore negativity.
12. If you start the week with a positive attitude on Monday, it’ll be a lot easier to fight off negativity the rest of the week.
13. Mondays should be optional.
14. Every Monday is a chance to start a new fabulous week. Embrace it!
Sayings on new beginnings
One of the many reasons to love Mondays is that you kinda get a fresh start every single week! You can start a new project, work on the previous week’s mistakes, brainstorm lots of new ideas… Not that you can’t do it on any other day, of course, but the first day of the week usually gives you that subconscious feeling of a clean slate that takes the pressure off your shoulders.
Here are some sayings on new beginnings and fresh opportunities to get you all motivated and excited for the new awesome week!
15. Today is the opportunity to build the tomorrow you want.
16. A fresh start, a clean slate, and a lot of potential for great things to come. That is what Mondays really are.
17. Mondays are just mini New Years.
18. Sometimes I succeed, sometimes I fail, but every day is a clean slate and a fresh opportunity. – Gretchen Rubin
19. Monday represents a fresh start to the week. It is the day where the slate from the previous week is wiped clean. It is a day of new beginnings.
20. When you start to do the things that you truly love, it wouldn’t matter whether it is Monday or Friday; you would be so excited to wake up each morning to work on your passions. – Edmond Mbiaka
21. Mondays are the start of the work week which offer new beginnings 52 times a year! – David Dweck
22. The sun himself is weak when he first rises; and gathers strength and courage as the day gets on. – Charles Dickens
23. Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.Carl Bard
24. Don’t hate Mondays, they stand for new beginnings.
25. Begin today. Declare out loud to the universe that you are willing to let go of struggle and eager to learn through joy. Sarah Ban Breathnach
26. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. – Lao Tzu
27. You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great. – Zig Ziglar
28. Monday is a fresh start. It’s never too late to dig in and begin a new journey of success.
Wisdom quotes about Monday
Hating Mondays is typical for people who work 40+ hours per week at a job they don’t enjoy. This day basically symbolizes the start of another routine week of going to work in the morning and coming back tired just to repeat it tomorrow. For some, the negative connotation of Monday in the brain gets so strong that they wake up on Monday morning exhausted and low energy even after a nice relaxing weekend.
Don’t be like that! To put things into perspective, here are some wise thoughts about Monday from a bunch of successful people who know better than to hate Mondays!
29. Okay, it’s Monday. But who said Mondays have to suck? Be a rebel and have a great day anyway. – Kimberly Jiménez
30. Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it. – Groucho Marx
31. Monday is not the day to be back at the grindstone. Monday is the day to be back at your passion. If you are working for the weekend, you’re doing it wrong. Kick ass. Every day.
32. The challenge of every Monday is to maintain the same vitality in each and every day of the week.
33. It’s not getting easier but it will get better as you continue to climb the ladder of success so see your Mondays as the first step to the next level!
34. This is your Monday morning reminder that you are powerful beyond measure, that you are capable of pretty much anything you are willing to work for and that you could change your life today.
35. Mondays are for the brave, the strong and courageous because it’s always going to be that first day of every week when you choose to get out there and show up!
36. Your Monday morning thoughts set the tone for your whole week. See yourself getting stronger, and living a fulfilling, happier & healthier life. – Germany Kent
37. Honestly, I never really understood the glorification of Fridays & weekends. I don’t want to build a life and career, where I spent five days a week waiting for the weekend. No! I want to enjoy my life, and don’t wish any weekday away. I want each day to matter to me, in some way, even if it’s a small tiny way. I love my life. Everyday. That’s the spirit we should convey all around us. ― Akilnathan Logeswaran
38. Live today. Not yesterday. Not tomorrow. Just today. Inhabit your moments. Don’t rent them out to tomorrow. – Jerry Spinelli
39. Life would be perfect if Mondays were fun, junk food was healthy, drama didn’t exist, and goodbyes were only until tomorrow.
40. Work like it all depends on you because every Monday comes with excuses to be less than perfect. You are the one who decides what to make of it.
41. You can never change the past week. You can only learn from it and be the best this week.
42. Mondays are a test of faith but they also give you an opportunity to win in excitingly new challenges because every week comes with its own unique opportunities.
Funny Monday quotes and sayings
If you can’t change the situation, change your attitude! This is one of my favorite quotes ever to live by. Can you change the sequence of days? No. Can you remove the Monday from a week? I doubt that! The Monday will come again every week no matter what so why not welcome it with open arms instead of being all grumpy and negative?
Below you’ll find some hilarious jokes and snarky comments about Monday that should make you smile and release that typical Monday tension. Save this page and come back to read a couple of funny sayings every Monday morning before you start working. Maybe even share the best ones with your coworkers and have a laugh together!
Tell me in the comments, which one of these phrases is your favorite! (Mine is probably #48)
43. Dear Monday, I want to break up. I’m seeing Tuesday and dreaming about Friday. Sincerely, it’s not me, it’s you.
44. Happy Monday! Or as I like to think of it, pre-pre-pre-pre-Friday!
45. Keep calm and pretend it’s not Monday.
46. They should have a beer called Monday. That would be a case of the Mondays I wouldn’t mind having.
47. Monday is like a math problem. Add the irritation, subtract the sleep, multiply the problems, divide the happiness.
48. Maybe if we all sit extremely still, Monday won’t be able to see us.
49. The first five days after the weekend are always the hardest.
50. Mondays aren’t so bad, it’s your job that sucks.
51. The worst part of my Mondays is hearing you complain about Mondays.
52. God gave us Mondays to punish us for the things we did over the weekend.
53. So. Monday. We meet again. We will never be friends – but maybe we can move past our mutual enmity toward a more-positive partnership.Julio Alexi Genao
54. Step aside Monday! This is a job for coffee.
55. I know every day is a gift, but where are the receipts for Mondays? I want to return it for another Friday!
56. I don’t like Monday mornings. Or people who like Monday mornings. Or Mondays. Or mornings. Or people.
Monday morning sayings
Looking for some Monday morning motivation? You are in the right place!
Pour yourself a fresh cup of coffee (or whatever drink you prefer!) and get ready to enjoy this morning by reading through the fun and inspiring Monday morning sayings I’ve collected below!
In any case, there is nothing stopping you from having a great day today!
57. Hey, I know it’s Monday. But it’s also a new day and a new week. And in that lies a new opportunity for something special to happen. – Michael Ely
58. I hate Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and half of Friday.
59. Morning is an important time of day because how you spend your morning can often tell you what kind of day you are going to have. – Lemony Snicket
60. Monday is just a reminder that the weekend has past and there are only a few more days before another weekend gets here.
61. On Mondays, I feel like I need coffee injected directly into my veins.
62. Just one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day. – Dalai Lama
63. Either you run the day or the day runs you. – Jim Rohn
64. Wake up every Monday knowing that you can create something amazing this week.
65. I am sorry but Monday and Sunday conspired against you ages ago. You just have to face this morning.
66. Success is to wake up each morning and consciously decide that today will be the best day of your life. ― Ken Poirot
67. Morning signifies a new beginning. So this morning start by forgiving yourself for all the mistakes you made yesterday and look forward to the promising day that lies ahead of you. Have a good morning!
68. New Monday. New week. New goals. Now go crush it!
69. Think BIG, believe BIG, act BIG, and the results will be BIG because it is Monday! Be pumped up for another week!
70. Happy Monday. Today is a beautiful day!
Conclusion on sayings about Monday
Those were my 70 hand-picked funny and motivational sayings about Monday. Are you inspired now and ready to start the new week on a positive note? Or maybe you found a good quote for your Instagram caption? Or a little funny something to share with colleagues? Whatever you came for, hope you found it! Let your Monday be a beautiful day of new beginnings!
MORE POSITIVE SAYINGS YOU MAY ENJOY