This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase something, I will receive a commission with no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclosure.
Self-trust is one of the staples of a healthy mindset. It empowers you to move ahead with confidence, it keeps you afloat when life gets tough, and the lack of it stops you from being the best version of yourself. Here are 70 excellent quotes to motivate you to trust yourself more and be your most authentic self.
What does it mean to trust yourself?
When you trust yourself, you don’t question your own decisions. You believe that you are capable of doing the right thing and sticking to your values. You love yourself unconditionally and you don’t allow any shred of self-doubt to undermine your confidence.
Toxic behavior of negative people around you can’t affect you because you know your worth and stand strong for things you believe in. You might not always have clarity on everything but you trust yourself to figure it out and find the way out. No matter what happens in your reality at any given moment, inside of you there is always hope for a better future because you follow your heart and know what’s best for you.
Trusting yourself keeps your head above water even when no one else in your life believes in you. It helps you through any kind of struggles and challenges in life because you never give up on yourself. You are your own best friend, coach, and biggest supporter who truly has your best interest in mind.
Here are 3 quick tips to learn to trust yourself more:
- Always stay true to yourself. Be authentic in everything you do and don’t bend your morals for whatever reason.
- Get to know yourself. There are various methods of self-discovery that can help you find your authentic self. Journaling is one of the most accessible ones.
- Grow your confidence. Healthy self-esteem ignites your self-trust and makes you more resistant to external forces, such as hatred or judgment of other people. You can start building your self-worth with positive affirmations for confidence or self-doubt.
Top 10 trust yourself quotes
Life feels easier to manage when you trust yourself. When you don’t overthink your every step and don’t self-sabotage your own success, things seem to fall into place more smoothly. You can focus on the more important things that bring you closer to the life you want.
Here are the 10 best quotes about trusting yourself:
1. A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking, because its trust is not on the branch but on its own wings. – Charlie Wardle
2. Trust yourself. You’ve survived a lot, and you’ll survive whatever is coming. – Robert Tew
3. You yourself, as much as anyone in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection. – Buddha
4. Self-trust is the essence of heroism. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. People think that what’s important is that the world sees them, understands them, values them. That’s not what’s important. What’s important is that you see yourself, you understand yourself, and that you value yourself. – C. JoyBell C.
6. Believe in yourself, and your feelings. Trust yourself to do what your heart is guiding you to do. Your intuition is powerful. Trust it. – Unknown
7. Don’t forget to put yourself on the list of people you trust. If you don’t trust yourself, you trust no one. – Christine E. Szymanski
8. Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. – Christopher Robin
9. The courage to be is the courage to accept oneself, in spite of being unacceptable. – Paul Tillich
10. Take responsibility, trust and have faith in yourself that you can offer the world something that no one has ever known. When you start to trust yourself you will realize you don’t need anything but faith in unlocking your potential. – Paul Martens
Best quotes to ignite your self-trust
11. The best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your own arm. – Swedish Proverb
12. As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
13. Follow your heart, trust your instincts and allow yourself to do what feels best. Above all, trust your wisdom within. – Laurie E. Smith
14. Your perceptions are derived from your feelings and your ability to be yourself, to own and trust yourself, and to say what you feel, even when it may be diametrically opposed to everyone else’s opinion. You may be called the Devil Incarnate. You may feel like cow pies are being thrown at you. Sometimes that is part of being true to yourself. – Barbara Marciniak
15. The only trust we need is that of our own judgment and choices about what is best for us. – Elaina Marie
16. Trust thyself: every heart vibrates to that iron string. – Ralph Waldo Emmerson
17. You’ve got to trust yourself. Be gentle with yourself. And listen to yourself. – Tessa Shaffer
18. In order to create you have to believe in your ability to do so and that often means excluding whole chunks of normal life, and, of course, pumping yourself up as much as possible as a way of keeping on. Sort of cheering for yourself in the great football stadium of life. – T.C. Boyle
19. Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong. – Peter T. McIntyre
20. If you need somebody you can trust, trust yourself. – Bob Dylan
Read these quotes if you don’t trust yourself
Learning to trust yourself is a process. It doesn’t happen overnight, especially after years of distrust and self-doubt. You basically need to earn your own trust, prove to yourself that you are actually trustworthy, and start being completely honest with yourself. These inspiring quotes will ignite your self-trust:
21. Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do. – Benjamin Spock
22. Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you’ll be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement. – Golda Meir
23. Trust your instincts, and make judgements on what your heart tells you. The heart will not betray you. – David Gemmell
24. With self-awareness and connection, your decision-making process is straightforward, rational, and rooted in self-trust. – Melissa Steginus
25. If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think. – T. Harv Eker
26. Every time you make a commitment to your own self-care, self-love and self-respect and then follow through, you build trust in yourself. – Miranda J. Barrett
27. If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced. – Vincent van Gogh
28. Learning to trust yourself and what you know takes time and work. You cannot expect to eradicate a lifetime of misguided information overnight. You must make a continuous, conscious effort to get on good terms with you. – Iyanla Vanzant
29. Everything you want lies on the other side of learning to trust yourself. Take a chance. Have faith. You already know who you are, what you want, and where you want to go. – Vironika Tugaleva
30. Believe in your instincts. Do what works best for YOU. Stay true to yourself and be good to yourself. – Stephanie Lahart
Learn to trust yourself quotes
31. No one will believe in you until you believe in you. – Robin Sharma
32. Believe in yourself. You are enough. – Caroline Ghosn
33. Your inner voice is subtle, positive, consistent, and peaceful; it springs to life when you pay attention to it, when you show gratitude and trust what’s coming through. – Kris Franken
34. Low self-confidence isn’t a life sentence. Self-confidence can be learned, practiced, and mastered – just like any other skill. Once you master it, everything in your life will change for the better. – Barrie Davenport
35. Know yourself, love yourself, trust yourself, learn to spend time in your own company, and listen to your innermost self. – Etta Sawyerr
36. Each habit teaches you to trust yourself. You start to believe you can actually accomplish these things. – James Clear
37. You must train your intuition – you must trust the small voice inside you which tells you exactly what to say, what to decide. – Ingrid Bergman
38. Role models are only of limited use. For no one is as important, potentially powerful, and as key in your life and world as you. – Rasheed Ogunlaru
39. A mind that trusts itself is light on its feet. – Nathaniel Branden
40. Believe you can and you are halfway there. – Theodore Roosevelt
Trust yourself not others quotes
You always know better than anyone else what is best for you. These quotes will remind you to trust yourself more and not just follow anybody else’s advice if it goes again your gut instinct.
41. People will let you down in this life, promises will be broken, you should expect less of others and trust more in yourself. – Leon Brown
42. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. – Eleanor Roosevelt
43. We have all a better guide in ourselves, if we would attend to it, than any other person can be. – Jane Austen
44. The more you believed in yourself, the more you could trust yourself. The more you trust yourself, the less you compare yourself to others. – Roy T. Bennett
45. You’re the only one who can survive your story, the only one who can write your future. – Tessa Shaffer
46. Make yourself your role model, because people who do not have qualities depend on the qualities of others to shape their own qualities. – Michael Bassey Johnson
47. In the end, you have only yourself to depend on. It’s up to you to make sure that you’re strong enough to handle the hurts and disappointments that come your way – no matter what they are. – Jennifer Estep
48. You are in control of your life. Set new boundaries by removing all of the toxic people from your inner circle. – Germany Kent
49. Trust yourself more than you trust the words of others. – Tiffany L. Jackson
50. Find and follow your own trail. To stay on your own path, be aware of yourself and surroundings. Trust that you will find your way, and don’t hold yourself responsible for the trails or trials of others. – Sabrina Moyle
Only trust yourself quotes
Here are some more radical quotes that suggest you should trust no one but yourself.
51. You’re the only person who can get you through this now. – Tessa Shaffer
52. Take no one’s word for anything, including mine – but trust your experience. – James Baldwin
53. Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions… do your thing, and don’t care if they like it. – Tina Fey
54. Trust yourself and try not to get lured off course by conflicting opinions that don’t seem to sit right with you. – Auliq Ice
55. You learn in life that the only person you can trust is yourself. – Unknown
56. I care for myself. The more solitary, the more friendless, the more unsustained I am, the more I will respect myself. – Charlotte Brontë
57. Trust your gut. When your sensors kick in that maybe something is wrong, you are probably right. – Germany Kent
58. Sometimes it’s ok not to depend on others. Instead, do it yourself, you know it’ll be done right. – Janna Cachola
59. If something on the inside is telling you that someone isn’t right for you, they’re NOT right for you, no matter how great they might look on paper. When it’s right for you, you will know. And when it’s not – it’s time to go. – Mandy Hale
60. To anyone that ever told you you’re no good… They’re no better. – Hayley Williams
Motivational quotes about trusting yourself
61. Trust yourself to be able to confront and work through your emotions. If you believe you can’t do it, you won’t do it and you’ll become stuck. If you believe you can do it, you will. – Sam Owen
62. Our personal evolution into the lives we dream of is dependent on our willingness to trust ourselves. To learn to trust our imagination and then use it effectively. – Michele Jennae
63. If you cannot trust yourself, you cannot even trust your mistrust of yourself – so that without this underlying trust in the whole system of nature you are simply paralyzed. – Alan Watts
64. Just believe in yourself. Even if you don’t, pretend that you do and, at some point, you will. – Venus Williams
65. Be patient with yourself; trust in the Universe; find mentors; know that you can achieve whatever you set out to do. – Diane L. Dunton
66. High walls and deep precipices on your path or hard rocks and big holes are not real obstacles! There is only one real obstacle on your path: Absence of self-confidence! – Mehmet Murat ildan
67. Self-trust is the first secret of success. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
68. The way to develop self-confidence is to do the thing you fear and get a record of successful experiences behind you. – William Jennings Bryan
69. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. – Eleanor Roosevelt
70. What would happen if you gave yourself permission to do something you’ve never done before? There’s only one way to find out. – Gina Greenlee
Trust yourself, you can do it!
These were my favorite quotes about trusting yourself. Hopefully, you found several that inspired you to believe in yourself more.
Whatever happens in life, you will always get through it if you have self-trust. It’s important to discover your own meaning of being authentic and stick to it without doubting yourself. Come back to these quotes for a bump of motivation whenever you feel a fresh bit of self-doubt!
More inspirational quotes for you: