This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase something, I will receive a commission with no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclosure.
Almost every person goes through a breakup at least once in life. Unless you are one of those lucky unicorns who meet the love of their life at school and grow old together (but then you wouldn’t be reading this), you’ll probably find closure in these uplifting breakup affirmations.
Your romantic relationship is one of the hardest things to let go of, even when you know for a fact that it doesn’t make you happy anymore. There is simply too much emotional attachment, memories, and feelings involved to not feel broken. And it’s okay to feel like that at first. But believe me, things will get better one way or another!
One day you’ll wake up and realize that you don’t feel like crying all day anymore, and you are ready to be happy. These affirmations will help you through the natural process of grieving your loss after a breakup.
Breakup is not the end of the world
Even if you feel like that now.
Whether it’s your first serious breakup ever or not, it always feels like the end of the world. Even if you know that you survived this before and that millions of people break up every day, your wounds are fresh and hurting like never before.
Right now your head is probably filled with all kinds of “whys” and “what ifs”, replaying your conversations and events that led to the breakup on a loop. This is typical, but there is no way you can start healing unless you pull yourself out of that painful thoughts cycle.
Positive affirmations you’ll find below are full of kind and encouraging words that, with enough repetition, will replace damaging thoughts you keep holding on to now.
Remember that it only hurts because there was something good in this relationship. And even though it has ended, there are probably many good things to remember and be grateful for. That’s what you should focus on instead of rewinding all the quarrels and hurtful words all over again in your head.
Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.Dr. Seuss
According to research, people go on average through three major breakups in a lifetime. This basically means that for every happy couple around you there are a bunch of broken-up couples who are healing right now, just as you do. This might be sad statistics, but it lets you know you are not alone.
However, if you ever feel like it’s too much pain for you, please reach out to an online therapist. They can make it easier for you to go through the healing process after a breakup and even help you find closure if you keep holding on to unnecessary hope. Look at online support services like Talkspace that can make you feel better today, without even making you leave your room.
How affirmations can help you heal faster after a breakup
To overcome this breakup soon and heal properly, you need to rebuild your self-esteem and remind yourself that you are worthy of love. You’ll also need to let go of the person who is not your person anymore, to forgive you both, and move on. Breakup affirmations will help you through all of this on your healing journey.
Best breakup affirmations to heal your heart
Here are positive affirmations for breakups that will help you heal and be reborn as a new you, confident and whole again.
- I can heal from this, and I will.
- All my feelings are valid. I am allowed to feel all these emotions.
- I realize that there’s more to life than that, and I deserve to experience all of it.
- I don’t need another person to complete me. I am whole.
- I know that one day I’ll look back and be glad this ended.
- Even though I’m in pain now, I believe I will get through this and feel better soon.
- I am fully capable of healing myself and getting back on my feet.
- I open my heart to love and allow myself to be attached to new people.
- I will not blame myself anymore. I will learn from my mistakes.
- I know there is someone wonderful waiting for me.
Affirmations to move on from someone
Moving on from the person you love is the hardest part. You know deep inside that it’s for the better, but your heart is still hurting. These affirmations are designed to convince your subconscious mind that you deserve to be happy even without that person.
11. It is the right thing to walk away from that relationship to make room for something better.
12. I finally allow myself to move on and not feel stuck anymore.
13. It’s time for me to let go of the past and turn a new page.
14. I learned a lot from this relationship, and I’m thankful for every piece of it.
15. I understand that I needed this relationship to learn and grow, and that I don’t need it anymore.
16. I welcome positive change and new adventures now.
17. I am an awesome person, very lovable.
18. Even though we are not together anymore, I am not alone.
How do you let go of someone you love?
There is more than one reason why it is so hard to let go of someone you love. You might feel like a part of you is missing because you were so attached to that person. You might even sabotage the possibility of new relationships because you are afraid to get attached to someone new and get hurt again.
These affirmations for letting go of an ex and releasing hurt will help you soothe your feelings and with time allow yourself to love again.
Affirmations for letting go of someone
19. I am strong enough to let this person go.
20. I am free now, I can breathe freely and feel alive.
21. I am grateful for everything good that happened between us, and I’m allowed to keep these memories forever.
22. I am grateful for everything I learned from this relationship, and I’m ready to move on now.
23. I accept that this was not the best and healthiest relationship for me, and I’m yet to find one.
24. I deserve another chance to be loved.
25. I am not defined by my relationships. I am whole and complete by myself.
26. I will not allow my past to bother me anymore. I choose to be happy.
Affirmations for letting go of hurt
27. This pain is temporary. I know the day comes when I won’t feel hurt anymore.
28. I give myself enough time to heal and recover.
29. It’s painful when it ends, but it was worth it. There were good moments that are worth being thankful for.
30. I accept the pain I feel, and I allow it to naturally decrease as the days go by.
31. I forgive myself for everything that was said and done.
32. It’s time to stop holding on to the past and let the pain go.
33. It’s okay to not be okay and feel like this. But it will go away over time.
34. Even though I’m hurt, I’m not broken. I will love again.
35. My heart can handle everything, overcome pain, and be filled with love again.
Affirmations to stop thinking about someone
You can’t heal from anything if it’s the only thing you are thinking about. Find a way to distract yourself, whether it’s spending time with people who aren’t your mutual friends or channeling your feelings into a new creative hobby.
These affirmations will help you take your mind off your ex and give yourself permission to enjoy life.
36. I am smart and talented, let’s focus on that.
37. I am allowed to feel joyful without this person.
38. This person takes a smaller and smaller place in my thoughts every day.
39. There are plenty of good things in my life to think about.
40. I am determined to fill my mind with positive peaceful thoughts every day.
41. I am letting go of the past and focusing on the future now.
42. My soulmate is out there somewhere, let’s focus on finding this lovely person!
How to be more positive after a breakup
To feel more positive after a breakup you need to focus on the good things, both in the past and around you today. Be thankful for every loving memory you two had, grow your confidence with self-loving affirmations, and keep distracting yourself from pain with new events and people.
You are worthy of true love
Whatever the reason for your breakup was, if it ended, it means you weren’t loved enough. And you deserve to be loved and cared for!
Don’t allow yourself to think negatively about yourself. If there is a lesson to learn from your past mistakes, you can learn it without blaming yourself or holding a grudge. You can only detach from this person and move on if you don’t bind yourself with feelings, whether it’s love or hate.
Focus on loving yourself first, and when the time is right, you’ll find someone who’ll love you and care about you as you deserve it.
Self-love affirmations after a breakup
43. I am worthy of a beautiful loving relationship.
44. I love and appreciate myself completely.
45. I am enough just as I am, and deserve to be loved unconditionally.
46. There is nothing wrong with me. I’m yet to find a person who will appreciate me for who I am.
47. I am strong. I will survive this and become stronger.
Self-acceptance affirmations to rebuild your confidence
48. I deserve to be treated with care and respect.
49. I am hot and attractive. I can easily attract the attention of anyone who interests me.
50. I can experience joy and happiness even when I’m single.
51. I am beautiful inside and out, and getting more beautiful every day.
52. I have good people in my life who love and support me, and I am grateful every day for having them.
53. I can easily find true love, whenever I’m ready.
Final thoughts on healing affirmations after a breakup
Don’t try to push your healing process after a painful breakup. Give yourself time to heal and repeat a few of these positive affirmations every day until you gradually start to feel better.
You deserve the best, believe it, and you might find yourself feeling whole again sooner than you think!
Read these next: