This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase something, I will receive a commission with no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclosure.
Motivation comes and goes, and it’s your responsibility to keep sourcing it in one way or another so you can continue working toward your dreams. Using positive affirmations for daily motivation regularly will help you keep the momentum when you are already on fire and get back on track when you lose enthusiasm.
We aren’t robots and we don’t work steadily on electricity. Our ability to work hard depends on various factors: from having enough sleep for regaining energy to seeing a logical reason for doing the job.
Without proper motivation, nobody would ever achieve anything. Find out your reason behind doing whatever you need to do and remind yourself about it if you ever feel unmotivated. You may even put it on your inspiration board so it’s always in front of your eyes.
Now, let’s look at 7 steps that assure you stay motivated every day!
How to stay motivated everyday
- Define your goals. To keep yourself motivated, you need first of all to know where you are going. Without a clear focus on the end result, any motivation will go to waste. You might as well just go with the flow and it will take you somewhere eventually. Defining your goal with a specific “why” behind it is the first step to making sure you reach it! Make it measurable and specific so you can celebrate it when you get there.
- Break your goals down. Even though exciting, big goals are often scary, especially when you have no idea where to start. If you find yourself procrastinating way too much instead of doing something, you might need to break your goal down into smaller steps. A good way of doing it is to start from the end and go back in time, dividing it into smaller and smaller chunks until you have a tiny first step you can easily do today. Modern productivity planners make this process extremely easy and manageable for you.
- Use positive affirmations daily. There will be setbacks and difficulties on your way to success. That’s just part of the process. If it was easy, everyone would be successful! Your job here is to not let anything demotivate you and stop you from going forward. To stick to a positive mindset no matter what, repeat positive affirmations for daily motivation that you’ll find in the list below!
- Don’t let your fears interfere. Whenever you do something new, which is every time you work towards a new goal, you are inevitably leaving your comfort zone. This process might bring all kinds of fears to the surface: from fears of failure and success (yes, that’s a thing) to fears of judgement and rejection. Whenever you catch yourself worrying about the future, use special affirmations for overcoming fears to keep them out of your head.
- Believe in yourself. It’s great to have other people believe in you and support you in your journey, but it’s not necessary for success. However, your own self-belief is crucial for achieving anything in life. One of my favorite quotes ever is this: “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you are right.” by Henry Ford. You are the only one who can define your worth. Always have a growth mindset and healthy self-esteem if you want to reach your goals and live an awesome life!
- Use external inspiration. Self-motivation is important but there is nothing wrong with getting a boost from the outside world. Surround yourself with motivational things that fire you up, listen to inspiring stories from successful people, and generally create a positive environment in which you’ll be glad and excited to get to work. In my collection of inspirational resources, you’ll find a bunch of things that will light a fire under you!
- Stay disciplined. Your motivation is never on the same level. It’s a limited resource that should be continuously regenerated. You aren’t a machine, you are human, which is why it’s normal to see highs and lows in your energy. If you were to draw a picture of your motivation, it wouldn’t be a straight line, more like a wave with uneven peaks and dips. Even though it’s natural, you can stay disciplined and prevent low periods from taking too long by creating a system with steps and deadlines that works for you.
- Celebrate small wins. While working towards a big goal, we rarely congratulate ourselves on smaller achievements. However, research shows that each time you praise yourself you get a motivation boost! When the road is long and bumpy, the process of reaching the end goal might feel neverending and it’s easy to lose motivation at some point. If you celebrate every step of the process, you can look back and see how far you’ve already gone from the starting point, and reawaken your motivation to keep going.
22 Positive Affirmations For Daily Motivation
1. I am on the way to my dream life.
I am moving forward to the wonderful life of my dreams. I can already see it on the horizon! When I close my eyes, I visualize myself already living it and I’m overflowing with happiness and excitement. I am capable of achieving everything I want and I deserve to have it.
2. I have everything I need to achieve everything I want.
I have the intention, the motivation, and the necessary knowledge to achieve my goal. I keep a growth mindset and am open to opportunities to learn whatever skills and information I might need to learn on my way to success. Even if something is missing for the next step of the journey, I have the means to obtain it. I can always find a way to overcome the obstacles and continue working according to my plan.
3. I love what I do and always enjoy the process.
I know why I am doing this and what will happen when I get it. I also know that I don’t wanna stay where I am and continue dreaming about this thing as if it was unreachable. I enjoy every bit of my journey because I’m doing something I love every day, and it makes me happy.
4. I can do everything I set my mind to.
I am capable of achieving everything I put myself up to. I know I am worthy and I’m confident in my skills. Nothing can stop me from getting what I want or convince me that I’m not good enough to have it. I am great at this and I can totally do it!
5. There is nobody like me.
I am unique and special. Nobody else is exactly like me. Nobody else has the same way of thinking, amount of creativity, or vision of the future. I am just the right person for achieving this goal and living this dream. If I can see it in my mind, I can implement it into my reality.
6. My dream life is out there waiting for me.
Everything I want is already mine. It’s right there on my vision board. I just need to reach for it, make a few strategic steps, and I can have it. Hey, Dream Life, stay there, I’m on my way!
7. I have enough energy to make a small step every day.
Every day is a chance for me to come closer to my goals. I have enough energy and motivation to take a step in the right direction every day, even if a small one. I can see the progress daily and it pushes me forward just enough to make the next step.
8. I am full of fresh creative ideas.
I am a naturally creative person who is overflowing with fun ways to implement this project. I am inspired by everything around me and fresh ideas spark in my head all the time. I never lack creativity when it comes to making decisions for my future or finding solutions to the problems I face.
9. Positive change is already happening, even if I don’t see it yet.
I am in the process of positive change. I can feel it even if it doesn’t visualize itself in my reality yet. I am confident that the change is happening as I’m transforming myself and my future for the better.
10. Nothing can stop me from becoming successful.
I don’t let setbacks or fears turn me away from my goal. I don’t let negative people affect my positive mindset. I don’t let my own negative thinking destroy my confidence and determination. I am on my way to success and nothing can hurt me. I am safe and protected.
11. I am grateful for my goals and dreams.
I am extremely grateful for my ambitions and my ability to imagine this dream coming true. I always appreciate good things that happen to me, good ideas I get, and good people that support me along the way. I have a ton of things to be thankful for, and I’m feeling gratitude every day as I’m moving closer to my goal.
12. I wake up every day excited to work on my projects.
Every time I open my eyes in the morning, I know that it’s a new wonderful day that I can use to get closer to my dream life. I am grateful to be alive and well, and I see every day as an opportunity to grow and have fun in the process. I am excited to do what I love today. I always make sure to get enough sleep so I wake up energized and ready to work!
13. I am getting better at this every day.
With each day of working on this, I get better and better. My skills grow exponentially and my knowledge expands. I am constantly improving and learning whatever is necessary to move further and further. I can see the progress compared to the day I started, and it motivates me to keep going.
14. I am vibrating with positive energy.
I feel confident, calm, and happy every day, and it shows in my appearance. I smile a lot and make other people genuinely smile back at me. I am a magnet for all kinds of positive things as this is the energy I radiate with. I am always attracting the right people with my positive vibe.
15. I remember to celebrate little achievements.
Whenever I reach a small sub-goal, I find a way to praise myself. I keep track of my achievements and milestones so I can always see the progress and get motivated by it. I get amazed by myself each time I achieve something I wasn’t sure I was capable of!
16. I trust the Universe and keep going.
I let go of my past mistakes right after I learn the lesson. I know that the Universe has my best interest in mind and I work in alignment with it. I take inspired action and find myself closer and closer to my dream life. I have an unshakable trust in the process and strong self-belief.
17. I am getting closer to my goals every day.
With each tiny step in the right direction, I’m getting closer and closer to my goal. Moving toward it gets easier and easier as I’m improving my skills and getting more understanding of the process. I can see the next steps more clearly as I keep moving.
18. I am loved and supported.
I am surrounded by love and positive energy. Everyone in my life is on my side and supports me in my endeavors. I’m getting a ton of support and encouragement every step of the way. Everywhere I go, I find motivation and positive empowerment that helps me stay on track.
19. I am determined and disciplined enough to stay on track.
I have what it takes to get what I want. I can be my own boss and keep myself under control. I am strict with deadlines but I let myself rest regularly. I avoid procrastination but I don’t push myself too hard as I’m not looking for exhaustion or burnout. I implement systems and processes that work for me and lead me steadily to success. I am determined to do what’s necessary and achieve everything I desire!
20. I ignore distractions and don’t procrastinate.
I am great at managing distractions that are inevitable. I can handle them in a smart way and don’t let them interfere with my work progress. I quickly recognize procrastination activities and stop them from happening again during my working hours. I focus on my important tasks first and I don’t get distracted with anything else until I finish these.
21. I remain focused on my goals no matter what.
I am laser-focused on my goals. I am productive every day because I know why I am doing this. I know exactly what I need to do next. I know that I can’t fail unless I stop trying. I am unstoppable!
22. Today is a good day to have a good day.
I start each day with a positive mindset. I review my goals and get excited to work on them. Every morning I tell myself: “It’s a good day to have a good day”. I don’t have so-called bad days. Little negative things that might occur don’t have the power to affect my whole day. I am the boss, and I’m saying this day is going to be awesome!
Final thoughts on boosting motivation with positive affirmations
There are many ways to motivate yourself if you really want to achieve your goal. These 22 positive affirmations are perfect for daily encouragement and keeping yourself excited all the way to success!
More motivational stuff for you to read: