This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase something, I will receive a commission with no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclosure.
Running around with daily errands, trying to be productive at work, and managing your usual routines can make you forget that life is meant to be enjoyed. I’ve curated this collection of 120 quotes about enjoying life to remind you how to find joy in everyday hustle.
Sometimes you need to step back from being so busy, let yourself breathe, and enjoy the present moment. Adding a few mindful moments like this to your day will result in more fulfillment and happiness in life.
These quotes on enjoying life will keep you inspired and motivate you to make the most of every day you get to be alive. So let’s jump straight to the quotes and allow ourselves to truly enjoy life!
Top 10 quotes on enjoying life to the fullest
Here are the best 10 quotes of all time on the topic of enjoying life to the fullest!
- Don’t wait for everything to be perfect before you decide to enjoy your life. – Joyce Meyer
- Sing like no one is listening, love like you never been hurt, dance like no one is watching and live like it is heaven on earth. – Mark Twain
- Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today. – James Dean
- When you are not having fun, you’re sort of missing the point. – Abraham
- You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. – Mae West
- It is essential to our wellbeing, and to our lives, that we play and enjoy life. Every single day, do something that makes your heart sing. – Marcia Wieder
- Men for the sake of getting a living forget to live. – Margaret Fuller
- The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy – it’s all that matters. – Audrey Hepburn
- Live life to it’s fullest or it may seem like you died young. – James Wattersmith
- Sometimes you just have to jump in a mud puddle because it’s there. Never get so old that you forget about having fun. – Tom Giaquinto
Short but meaningful enjoy life quotes
You don’t always need long sentences to express a simple truth. These short quotes about enjoying life will catch your attention and make you seek joy.
11. One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching. – Gerard Way
12. I enjoy life. That doesn’t mean I don’t care. – Bob Crane
13. Do anything, but let it produce joy. – Walt Whitman
14. No man is a failure who is enjoying life. – William Feather
15. Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough. – Emily Dickinson
16. Do what you need to do and enjoy life as it happens. – John Scalzi
17. It’s really not about what you have. It’s about how you’re able to enjoy life in general. – Kevin Harvick
18. At the end of the day, if I can say I had fun, it was a good day. – Simone Biles
Quotes about slowing down and enjoying life
Are you someone who is always in a rush? Are you sure you are not missing out on precious moments that you would catch if you just stopped for a second? Every now and then, slow down and let yourself enjoy life! Hopefully, these quotes will inspire you to be more present to enjoy the simple things in your life.
19. If you’re always racing to the next moment, what happens to the one you’re in? Slow down and enjoy the moment you’re in and live your life to the fullest. – Nanette Mathews
20. Slow down and enjoy life. It’s not only the scenery you miss by going to fast – you also miss the sense of where you are going and why. – Eddie Cantor
21. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. – Gordon B. Hinckley
22. Take your life out of high gear and disengage the autopilot mode. Try living mindfully and avoid the pattern of living in a reactive manner. – Nanette Mathews
23. Sometimes you need to stop for a while. Lie under the sky at night. Count the stars, reward yourself for working hard and enjoy your life. – Gift Gugu Mona
24. Today, just take time to smell the roses, enjoy those little things about your life, your family, spouse, friends, job. Forget about the thorns – the pains and problems they cause you – and enjoy life. – Bernard Kelvin Clive
25. We were meant to enjoy life, not be drowned by it. – Donald Miller
26. Drink life one sip at a time. This moment is brand new. Let it pour it’s newness into you. – Hiral Nagda
Funny quotes about enjoying life
Fun is not usually the first thing that comes to mind when you think about your life. Let these funny quotes about enjoying life help you take your life a little less seriously.
27. I am blessed with a funny gene that makes me enjoy life. – Karan Patel
28. If it’s not fun, you’re not doing it right. – Bob Basso
29. Life is easy. Just stay un-dead. – Fakeer Ishavardas
30. I love to dress up. You have to have a sense of fun in life, too. We can all be serious and work and do our bit, but every now and again you have to have a good giggle. – Marie-Chantal Claire
31. Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans. – John Lennon
32. Don’t take life too seriously! Nobody gets out alive anyway. Smile. Be goofy. Take chances. Have fun. Inspire. – Dawn Gluskin
33. If you’re not having fun, you’re doing something wrong. – Groucho Marx
34. Follow your dreams. Just make sure to have fun too. – Chris Brown
35. There is only one way to escape the madness of this world, and that is to enjoy it. – Marty Rubin
Inspirational quotes about enjoying life
Whenever you are going through difficult times and need some inspiration, come back to read these life quotes and remind yourself to enjoy what you already have.
36. Whether you choose to move on from your struggles and enjoy life or waddle in your misery, life will continue. – Germany Kent
37. I decided to fly through the air and live in the sunlight and enjoy life as much as I could. – Evel Knievel
38. People who achieve the greatest success are the people who have the most fun getting there. – John Patrick Hickey
39. In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. – Gordon B. Hinckley
40. Participate in life instead of just watching it pass you by. – Lindsey Wonderson
41. Don’t ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. – Harold Whitman
42. Do what makes you happy, be with who makes you smile, laugh as much as you breathe, and love as long as you live. – Rachel Ann Nunes
43. Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can. – Danny Kaye
Best enjoy life quotes for Instagram
With these enjoy-life quotes in your arsenal, you won’t need to figure out what to write as a caption to your next awesome Instagram pic! Just grab one of these positive sayings and spruce up your best moments with someone else’s wisdom!
44. In between goals is a thing called life that has to be lived and enjoyed. – Sid Caesar
45. It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness. – Charles Spurgeon
46. A happy life is just a string of happy moments. But most people don’t allow the happy moment, because they’re so busy trying to get a happy life. – Esther Hicks
47. Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
48. Lighten up, just enjoy life, smile more, laugh more, and don’t get so worked up about things. – Kenneth Branagh
49. Be music always. Keep changing the keys, tones, pitch, and volume of each of the songs you create along your life’s journey and play on. – Suzy Kassem
50. Hanging out day by day, we make our memories in our own little way. – Ashley Wagner
51. Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears. – Les Brown
52. If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you’ll never enjoy the sunshine. – Morris West
Deep quotes about enjoyment of life
I hope these quotes will shift your perspective into looking for joy in the everyday hustle and inspire you to deeply enjoy life no matter what!
53. If you go around being afraid, you’re never going to enjoy life. You have only one chance, so you’ve got to have fun. – Lindsey Vonn
54. You aren’t your work, your accomplishments, your possessions, your home, your family… your anything. You’re a creation of your Source, dressed in a physical human body intended to experience and enjoy life on Earth. – Wayne Dyer
55. I get it now; I didn’t get it then. That life is about losing and about doing it as gracefully as possible… and enjoying everything in between. – Mia Farrow
56. We are always getting ready to live but never living. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
57. The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience. – Eleanor Roosevelt
58. The best advice I ever received came from my mother: ‘Do at least one fun thing every day. – Clifford Cohen
59. I enjoy life when things are happening. I don’t care if it’s good things or bad things. That means you’re alive. – Joan Rivers
60. If you want to have the time of your life, change how you use the time in your life. – Tim Fargo
Enjoy your life quotes for a quick mood boost
Whenever you need to uplift yourself or your loved one, these life enjoyment quotes will always come handy.
61. Allow yourself to enjoy each moment in your life. – Steve Maraboli
62. Why be negative when you can enjoy life and be positive? That’s something I learned over the years. – Virgil van Dijk
63. Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. – Soren Kierkegaard
64. Life is like a roller coaster, live it, be happy, enjoy life. – Avril Lavigne
65. The longer I live, the more beautiful life becomes. – Frank Lloyd Wright
66. The healthiest response to life is joy. – Deepak Chopra
67. Enjoyment of life generally includes being socially connected, having fun, and feeling a sense of purpose. – Mallika Chopra
68. Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be. – Grandma Moses
69. Sometimes it just feels really really wonderful to be alive. – Doug Coupland
Uplifting quotes to smile and enjoy life more
Smiling is important as it releases special hormones in your brain that make you feel happy. Hence, more smiling leads to a happier life. I hope at least one of these uplifting quotes will make you smile and want to enjoy your life a bit more today!
70. Even though you’re growing up, you should never stop having fun. – Nina Dobrev
71. The purpose of our lives is to be happy. – Dalai Lama
72. Life is short it is up to you to make it sweet. – Sarah Louise
73. I don ‘t know what the future holds, but what I know is that as long as I can enjoy life, anywhere is my stage. – Fala Chen
74. Every moment in our lives is a miracle we should enjoy instead of ignoring. – Yoko Ono
75. I tend to say faith is believing in life, and as I love life, I try to do the best with it, make it as serene and joyous as possible. – Sandrine Bonnaire
76. Perfect happiness is a beautiful sunset, the giggle of a grandchild, the first snowfall. It’s the little things that make happy moments, not the grand events. Joy comes in sips, not gulps. – Sharon Draper
77. And I’m a really happy person, I enjoy life. I think you see that on people. I think there’s nothing more aging than misery. – Michelle Pfeiffer
Positive life quotes to make you enjoy the journey
Life is a journey, not a destination. These positive life quotes are all asking you to enjoy this wonderful journey, and be thankful for whatever it brings you! You only get to live once, so make sure to not waste too much of it!
78. Enjoy today. It is one of the “good old days” you will miss in the future! – Etta Sawyerr
79. I need to put myself out in the world and be brave and be uncomfortable. When I do, it means I can enjoy life so much more. – Annabelle Wallis
80. Fill your life with as many moments and experiences of joy and passion as you humanly can. Start with one experience and build on it. – Marcia Weider
81. Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it. ― Andy Rooney
82. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all. – Helen Keller
83. The past is gone. Today is full of possibilities. – Karen Casey
84. Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing. – Seneca
85. Live and work but do not forget to play, to have fun in life and really enjoy it. – Eileen Caddy
86. There is no way to happiness – happiness is the way. – Thich Nhat Hanh
Best captions and status ideas about enjoying life
Here are a few short thoughts about enjoying life that you can use for your social media status or caption.
87. Enjoy life… that’s what we’re here for. – David Faustino
88. After all, life is too short to be anything but happy. – Karl Marx
89. Life is available only in the present moment. If you abandon the present moment you cannot live the moments of your daily life deeply. – Thich Nhat Hanh
90. Life imposes things on you that you can’t control, but you still have the choice of how you’re going to live through this. – Celine Dion
91. As long as you’re having fun and still doing stuff, it doesn’t matter what other people think. – Nick Carter
92. Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once. – Lillian Dickson
93. Life is more fun if you play games. – Roald Dahl
94. The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain. – Dolly Parton
Enjoy life with friends quotes
Enjoying life alone is awesome but enjoying it with friends can fill your days with even more positive feelings. Whether you are on a fun road trip with friends or just chilling at home together, these quotes will summarize the joy that can be found in those precious moments.
95. Happiness is a collection of joyful experiences shared with soul friends. Get together and have some fun! – Amy Leigh Mercree
96. Good times and crazy friends make the best memories. – Saint Augustine
97. Sometimes having fun with your best friend is all the therapy you need. – Unknown
98. Happiness is living a life having fun, friends, and freedom. – Lorrin L. Lee
99. There are very few friends that will lie down with you on empty streets in the middle of the night, without a word. No questions, no asking why, just quietly lay there with you, observing the stars, until you’re ready to get back up on your feet again and walk the last bit home, softly holding your hand as a quiet way of saying “I’m here”. – Charlotte Eriksson
100. You have to enjoy life. Always be surrounded by people that you like, people who have a nice conversation. There are so many positive things to think about. – Sophia Loren
101. When you look back the stuff that means the most to you is just being with your mates and having fun. – Tom Fletcher
102. It’s fun to get together and have something good to eat at least once a day. That’s what human life is all about — enjoying things. – Julia Child
103. Friends make the bad times good and the good times unforgettable. – Mary Engelbreit
Chill positive quotes to relax and enjoy life
Life is stressful sometimes but it shouldn’t stop you from enjoying it. Take a break and let your stress be lifted off your shoulders by distracting yourself with these chill positive quotes.
104. Live joyfully this life. Once gone, who knows if we ever get it back. Atheists think we do not. Mystics say you will. Either way, chill. – Fakeer Ishavardas
105. Just relax and enjoy the magnificent ride we call life. Earth, your space shuttle, is moving at a speed of 1000 miles per hour. Your destination is getting closer. – Debasish Mridha
106. I want to feel all there is to feel, he thought. Let me feel tired, now, let me feel tired. I mustn’t forget, I’m alive, I know I’m alive, I mustn’t forget it tonight or tomorrow or the day after that. – Ray Bradbury
107. Don’t make things too complicated. Try to relax, enjoy every moment, get used to everything. – Angelique Kerber
108. We’re so busy watching out for what’s just ahead of us that we don’t take time to enjoy where we are. – Bill Watterson
109. My mama always said, life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get. – Forrest Gump
110. Simply enjoy life and the great pleasures that come with it. – Karolina Kurkova
111. Close your eyes and turn your face into the wind. Feel it sweep along your skin in an invisible ocean of exultation. Suddenly, you know you are alive. – Vera Nazarian
Enjoy life while you can quotes
Life is shorter than you think, and you only get one. Always make an effort to enjoy it to the fullest and live it in a way that will not give you any regrets when you are on a deathbed!
112. Enjoy life. There’s plenty of time to be dead. – Hans Christian Andersen
113. Get busy living or get busy dying. – Stephen King
114. I enjoy life, and I think that’s important. Life is so fragile and so fleeting, and it’s over in a minute, and you’ve just got to grab it and do everything and not worry about it. – Jerry Hall
115. The life you have left is a gift. Cherish it. Enjoy it now, to the fullest. Do what matters, now. – Leo Babauta
116. Even if you have a terminal disease, you don’t have to sit down and mope. Enjoy life and challenge the illness that you have. – Nelson Mandela
117. The trick is to enjoy life. Don’t wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead. – Marjorie Pay Hinckley
118. Enjoy life while you can. It can be taken in a heart beat. – Jasmin Morin
119. Never save the best for later. You don’t know what tomorrow holds. – Paulo Coelho
120. Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. – Steve Jobs
Final thoughts about enjoying life
These were all 120 positive quotes about enjoying life! Hopefully, you are inspired enough after reading this to go and find a bunch of reasons to appreciate your own life.